Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are Y'all Doing In This Heat and What Are You Eating On Hot Days Like This?

@BalletBabe wrote:

@shell    Let's  put it this way.  I am sitting in my refridgerator!   lol

@BalletBabe....LOL, I see ya!

Image result for sitting inside a refrigerator

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are Y'all Doing In This Heat and What Are You Eating On Hot Days Like This?

@loveschocolate wrote:

@shell garden, did some more cleaning. Grass needs cut but that will have to wait. Thinking of getting Chinese takeout tonight. Haven't had that in ages! 

@loveschocolate....hey sweet pea.  Great idea...I love chinese takeout.  Wait on that grass.  It will still be there, maybe a little taller, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My cooking club met today and we had a real feast of delicious food.  The temps were nearing 100 and we had planned to use the pool, but a rain and thunder storm cancelled that out.  So, we stayed in the a/c and ate a lot.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

EVERYBODY stay cool and inside.  Tomorrow is going to be another hot, hot day.  Stay safe.

Goodnight sweet posters.  This heat is draining my energy and I am getting sleepy...sleepy...sleepy.

Image result for animated falling out on the couch

Respected Contributor

We had "Panda Express" thanks to Lovechocolates Chinese food idea.  These cuties need to be my new besties to stay cool!

Image result for madagascar penguins

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

this summer has been a short one for us (June was rather cool for us), but now that July is here, it has been non stop 90++++ weather for us for weeks now. Heat is bad, but that humidity just kicks the daylights out of me. Can't even breathe properly. I take my walks early in the day (walk 1 mile morn---1 mile evening) daily except Saturday usually take the day off.

Today my air just ran non stop for several hours. could barely keep up.

will be so glad when it begins to cool down. still very warm tonight.  

had a awful electrical storm roll thru from 6-7pm tonight, the rain was so hard, could barely see the road and lightening was vicious.

Esteemed Contributor

BalletBabe wrote:

@Shell    Let's  put it this way.  I am sitting in my refridgerator!   lol

@BalletBabe....LOL, I see ya!

Image result for sitting inside a refrigerator@ Shell     too funny!!!!  where is my cable tv?

Trusted Contributor

@shell garden Yup! That looks like me! It dipped down to 97 today! I stayed inside w/ the a/c on then went shopping after it cooled off. 

Can't wait til Fall!

Respected Contributor

Tk goodness I am retired, and don't HAVE to go anywhere. I have stayed inside 5 out of last 7 days. I am also dealing with a bit of depression, so I am staying inside & sleeping most of the time.

Eating whatever is in refg. lots of cereal,lol...

Honored Contributor

Well, we're in for another steamy one today.  Yesterday, after I picked up twigs and nuts that fell off of the black walnut tree, I watered the back yard, thoroughly.  I've been up since 7 this morning and have the hose/sprinkler going in the front yard.  The Robins need to have something to eat.  Let's just say my property is popular with all of the neighborhood wildlife this weekend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise