Honored Contributor

Re: What Age Were You When...........

[ Edited ]

I can't really pick one age but my 20's and 30's fit that discription.  Thinner with good figure, busier, having fun and not letting weather stop me from going anywhere.  40's and 50's in different ways - more settled down, most confidence in job abilities, not feeling I had to do things all the time and could just enjoy doing nothing.  Now in my 60's I can still say best times but for different reasons.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

.............you felt the best, believe you looked your best, had the most fun, believed you had it all going on, and the world was your oyster?"

In our 2nd home, as a child growing up. When there were so few things to worry or be afraid of, and I felt safe, protected, and able to explore. I think I had a wonderful childhood.

I liked this thread, I read every post. It's interesting to see not only at what age, but what mattered to each to come to these conclusions.

Super Contributor

My 30's were my best years! 

Honored Contributor

Now...always now.  

Respected Contributor

My early 40s - had gone through a divorce, ran every day, was 119 pounds, looked my best ever, got a new job, new place to live- having a ball ! 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think that way and I hope I never do.  I never want to get to the point where I feel that my best years are behind me, that it's all down hill from here.  While I have some health issues, I feel that THESE are my best years.  Life is good for us in every way.  We worked so hard and so long to get to this point that I'm just enjoying the here and now.  I'm older but now I have the money to really take care of my body. I have a career I love, I make a fantastic salary, we have no mortgage, the girls are grown and off living their own lives.   I can easily afford the hair stylists and makeup and skincare and nail care and massages that keep me looking and feeling good.  I've made peace with what I once thought of as my flaws.  I look in the mirror and like what I see. I didn't feel that way until reached me 50's.  These are indeed the best years of my life. 

Anything else you care to brag about?

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't think that way and I hope I never do.  I never want to get to the point where I feel that my best years are behind me, that it's all down hill from here.  While I have some health issues, I feel that THESE are my best years.  Life is good for us in every way.  We worked so hard and so long to get to this point that I'm just enjoying the here and now.  I'm older but now I have the money to really take care of my body. I have a career I love, I make a fantastic salary, we have no mortgage, the girls are grown and off living their own lives.   I can easily afford the hair stylists and makeup and skincare and nail care and massages that keep me looking and feeling good.  I've made peace with what I once thought of as my flaws.  I look in the mirror and like what I see. I didn't feel that way until reached me 50's.  These are indeed the best years of my life. 

Anything else you care to brag about?

She's not bragging; she's explaining why she's happiest now at this point in her life.

Trusted Contributor

For me it was about 37ish...38.  All was falling into place at that time.  

Honored Contributor

Never.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be