Trusted Contributor

Re: What Age Were You When...........

Guess I am a late bloomer because I would say my 40's.  But I did love when my daughter was a baby and her childhood years.   Teenage years - another story but she turned into a wonderful woman so those years were lovely too.  All in all though, I am going to stick with my 40's.

Esteemed Contributor

For me it was 2 different decades:

In my 20s I graduated college and worked in Germany and Okinawa (and travelled widely in those areas of the world.  I looked my best and dated a lot.

In my 40s I finally married, had my baby son and had the best job of my long and varied career.

Contributor

49......tail end of a lovely stretch of time in my life lasting ten years....

Trusted Contributor

Had an awesome job, was in good physical shape, and passed the high-level skating test I'd failed many times before. I also had a good friend (now passed away) and we'd take lots of fun trips to Vegas to Reno.

Except for my current job, I have a good life now and I know I'm fortunate to have found a great hubby and a comfortable life.

Honored Contributor

14 to 41.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't answer that question if I tried.  I'm not a "look back" kind of person. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think that way and I hope I never do.  I never want to get to the point where I feel that my best years are behind me, that it's all down hill from here.  While I have some health issues, I feel that THESE are my best years.  Life is good for us in every way.  We worked so hard and so long to get to this point that I'm just enjoying the here and now.  I'm older but now I have the money to really take care of my body. I have a career I love, I make a fantastic salary, we have no mortgage, the girls are grown and off living their own lives.   I can easily afford the hair stylists and makeup and skincare and nail care and massages that keep me looking and feeling good.  I've made peace with what I once thought of as my flaws.  I look in the mirror and like what I see. I didn't feel that way until reached me 50's.  These are indeed the best years of my life. 

Honored Contributor

I'd say in my 20's.

Honored Contributor

23!   It was a very good year.

Contributor

I think 55.  I fell into a great new job, both sons were married, I had a new grandson.  We paid off our home, traveled to Europe.  Life was good.  Now we have 3 grandchildren, a new home, great kids.  A couple health problems but nothing unmanageable.   Our parents have gone but we are at peace with that.  Life is still good.