Honored Contributor

What A Joke $4 off when You buy more than one!

Well, folks the title says it all.....Think about this...The hosts will say, "It's a bargain!  You get $4 off when you purchase more than one".  What?  A bargain?  I don't think so...

Oh!  OK, I guess maybe when you figure you are going to get charged (at least $3 MORE) when you buy that extra item....so, I guess to be more accurate (and truthful) they should say, "You save $1".

It's never made any sense when a person gets charged (AT LEAST) $3 for every item someone puts into the same box or bag the same item, usually just a different color......

So, what I often do is order one then finish ordering...then order the other one and finish ordering.  Why not?  I will get charged $3 anyway?  

This way if I decide to keep one I don't have to send back the only receipt I might have because maybe later in the month, I decide I don't like the second item.  

I mean, if I'm paying for it anyway......ugh, I hate getting 'taken'.  So, I do what I tell others to do, often I'll only order one or....how about none at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What A Joke $4 off when You buy more than one!

@Annabellethecat66 ..... lol ... my sentiments exactly!!!! ... by the way I love your name!!! 😻

Honored Contributor

@January121 Thanks (about the name).  You'd be surprised at how many people don't get it!  Way back I had a cat named Annabelle and she used to receive mail (go figure)!

One time she received a piece of mail that was addressed to "ANNABELLETHECAT"  (just like that, all one word).  Ha!

Have a great day!  Sorry, but I do get so tired of hearing them brag about that money off!

I also LOVE IT (not) when the receipt is stuck to the inside of the bag....I feel like my surgical skills are sharp these days from slicing (removing) it from the inside of the bag without destroying it (the receipt).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep. The sale SHOULD be: Buy more and receive FREE SHIPPING  plus $4 off each additional item.

Idiots.

EDITED REPLY: I am the one who is an idiot. It IS free shipping on ALL of the TSV you order. 

I retract my statement and apologize to QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@January121 Thanks (about the name).  You'd be surprised at how many people don't get it!  Way back I had a cat named Annabelle and she used to receive mail (go figure)!

One time she received a piece of mail that was addressed to "ANNABELLETHECAT"  (just like that, all one word).  Ha!

Have a great day!  Sorry, but I do get so tired of hearing them brag about that money off!

I also LOVE IT (not) when the receipt is stuck to the inside of the bag....I feel like my surgical skills are sharp these days from slicing (removing) it from the inside of the bag without destroying it (the receipt).

@Annabellethecat66 .... what a great story behind the name! ... I always enjoy your posts .... you should have been a writer... have a great day!!! 

Honored Contributor

It's like any other retail come-on. 

I hate the deal where they offer me a coupon I can spend on another purchase later on -= because I never can spend just what the coupon is worth, so they always get more of my money.

It's one the the reasons I vitually never shop HSN -  that's one of their favorite gimmicks and for  someone like me who sees something maybe worthwhile there every third year or so, it's $10 wasted. 

The best thing about the $4 off the second is that it's an immediate reward -  far better for a shopper like me.

By the way $4 off on the Denim and Co. items I bought recently is close to 10% -  that's way more than my savings is earning today.  If I had wanted 2 of them, I'd be financially foolish not to take advantage.

Trusted Contributor

You may laugh, but no matter how you look at it, it is a savings of $4.  No one is forcing anyone to order additional items.  People are free to order as they wish.  While $4 may not be a lot to some people, to others it is.

As far as shipping, this issue has been discussed ad nauseum.  You know what the shipping charges are, and you are free to order or not.  Again, no one is forcing you.  QVC changed their shipping policy after a lot of whining and complaining last year, and now people have found other ways to whine and complain.  Seriously, people -- grow up.  There is no nefarious plot here.  Shipping costs money whether you want to admit it or not.

In regards t completing orders separately to get multiple boses and multiple receipts.  This seeems to be more out of childish spite than any practical purpose.  Since you always have the ability to look up and print your invoices online, this seems to be more of a feeble attempt to "stick it" to QVC.

Respected Contributor

I think I'm confused...is this buy one and get the second $4 off?  So you don't want to pay $6 shipping for two items in one box (I agree), but you pay $6 shipping for two separate boxes and didn't save anything.

Honored Contributor

I completely agree with what you're saying, but I try to be eco-friendly so it's not something I would do.

(HOwever; since you use those bags for kitty litter clean-up, more power to you!! )

Respected Contributor

Usually when they start stacking items in the same bag things get creased, so I'm all for placing one order at a time and like Annabelle stated what does it matter since you will get charged for shipping for each item anyway.