Honored Contributor

In the late '60's and early '70's my dad got into them and we had a mobile and home base.  He had a business and this was way before cells so he would communicate this way with us at home.  I hated it when my mother worked 3-11 so my sister and I would have to answer.  He also collected all those postcards with everyone's call letters/numbers.  When we were cleaning out his house, we found all those.   I could have met a lot of guys back them as it was big with the teenage boys but  I hated it so much I refusted to answer any of them!!  

Frequent Contributor

Oh my goodness, that's a big 10-4!!! We played on the CB all the time when I was a teenager back in the 70's! We lived back in the country and the CB was our entertainment. My handle was "Queen Bee"!  We were always asking hey what's your 10-20! Haha! That brings back so many fun memories! Thank you!  

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Respected Contributor

My husband had one, & like another poster said the truckers are very helpful & they are, but some are really, really, gross, many times I just told him to turn it off.

Respected Contributor

Re: Were you ever on a CB?

[ Edited ]

that would be a big 10-4 for me. 

I can't recall my handle but I recall a lot of the fellows had handles that referrred to beer brands.  Like Bud man or Busch man etc. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Were you ever on a CB?

[ Edited ]

@spix wrote:

My husband had one, & like another poster said the truckers are very helpful & they are, but some are really, really, gross, many times I just told him to turn it off.

@spix, yes some of those truckers were really really gross, and so were those (for better words) lot lizards I mentioned earlier.. LOL ...  but then the truckers could be very helpful for drivers & that's a big 10-4, Buddy! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

I used to have a base station. My handle was "Lady Geritol," LOL Woman Surprised