Honored Contributor

We're getting a good rain soaking!!

So if you are in the path of this rain from SW MI, get  ready for some good rain.

Honored Contributor

Re: We're getting a good rain soaking!!

We had heavy rain and some wind two evenings this week, and they were accompanied by BEAUTIFUL rainbows!

Some locals have posted a shot of a potential double rainbow during last night's storm, but my photos are only showing one. 

Still, one rainbow each on two nights in the same week is a real summertime treat!

Hope no one is encountering dangerous weather. Be safe!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

I'm in SE Michigan, the skies are a little overcast and I'm hoping to get a smidge of rain, some time this weekend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Here in Upstate NY we are in a severe drought. My yard looks like a desert. We have a well and are petrified about our water situation. My daughter and family are visiting from Florida and I'm worried about the extra water use. We're going to go to the laundromat for awhile. One piece of hopefulness is that every time my daughter comes up north it rains. And true to form, the forecast is for a heavy soaking rain within the next 24 hours.

Respected Contributor

Here in Chicago, we had a nice steady rain for a few hours yesterday, very welcome.  This AM is looking like more to come.

Contributor

I am in SE Michigan and I am keeping EVERYTHING crossed for a soaking rain, LOL!  My last water bill was over $250.00 Woman Sad  It is cloudy and windy so....maybe!

Respected Contributor

We (SWPA) had a nice steady soaking rain Thursday.  It was very welcome because it has been abnormally hot and dry and we are about 2-3 inches below normal.

Today, awoke to another nice steady rainfall which now has subsided, but it remains overcast.  Getting outside shortly to tackle some weeding which always seems easier after a rain.  I'll probably be a filthy mess when I come back in.

Honored Contributor

Here in Southern California, I don't even remember the last time we had a good steady rainfall ..... sigh.

Honored Contributor

have had some pretty hefty rainfall over the past 2 days here.

5.5 inches in less than 24 hours thursday into friday this past week.

getting another good dose of rain now, pretty steady at times fairly heavy

Trusted Contributor

@celebration1:

What about that electric bill????? The a/c compressor has been running constantly for a month now. The water bill is just icing on the cake (NOT).

I am so grateful to have a/c that I will pay whatever it takes to be comfortable. Ssssssh, don't tell anybody in DC, huh?

I cannot believe that I grew up without a/c until age 13 after we moved to Alexandria.

dee