Esteemed Contributor

Re: We just buried my Beloved Sweet Nephew, age 29.

When I am sick, I drink ginger ale, 7-Up, peppermint tea, and I eat nothing but chicken soup, because the broth in the soup is also a liquid that you can drink.

Honored Contributor

@moondust - I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet nephew. How blessed he was to have such a caring aunt! I will be praying for you and the rest of your family. (((HUGS)))

Valued Contributor

@moondustThank-you so very much for sharing this with all of us. 

If we can help just one person with this information.   It will make all the difference.

Prayers to you and your family.

Honored Contributor

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your nephew.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Deepest condolences to you & your family.

Most of use run around less hydrated than we should be.

Thank you for reminding us how important it is.

Trusted Contributor

I have no words other than I am so very sorry and love and prayers are coming your way. 

Respected Contributor

This is very sad.  So young.  Condolences to all who loved him.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very sad.  Sending hugs to his family and friends.   As an afterthought:  Sometimes 'you just can't tell' people to drink fluids in warm weather.  All they will do is take a few sips.  I've also seen this (while visiting) happen in physical rehab, hospitals, etc.  Patients will take more than several pills/meds at once, with only a gulp or two of water.  Makes me very nervous, mainly because too many pills are an irritant on the throat, esophagus, etc. not to mention in the tummy.  And then they end up complaining that they don't feel well enough to eat because of an acidic tummy, etc.  .... .It becomes a vicious cycle, and sometimes they don't completely recover.  ...... 'Anyway', sometimes we just can't make people always take liquids with them, especially when in very warm weather.  Sometimes the elderly and the very young need to have a small carton of orange juice or container or sticks of Pedi*lyte, or Gator*de,  just in case something goes wrong.  Too hot, too overly exerted, too whatever else.  ......... Well, thank you, O/P, for alerting us.  You may have saved many lives in the future.  Heart  ........ p.s.  Please forgive me for my afterthought, as it's probably not the right time.  We suddenly lost a cousin many, many years ago.  A young woman of 21.  I guess whenever something tragically, unnecessary and preventable happens,  I've been lecturing ever since.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your post just brought me to tears.

I think you told what a beautiful soul your Spidey was.

I can feel the total pain you all must have for such a loss.

Its so hard to understand why life has to be so sad.

And please know I with many others will be praying for the peace and comfort of your family and especially his parents because there is no greater loss to imagine.

I am so so sorry.

Though we know God holds your Spidey in his arms, He also knows how much you miss him and are grieving and knows all your tears.

I believe God cries too for you.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@moondust, My sincerest condolences to you and your family on the loss of your nephew.  I pray that you and your family find strength in your faith, in the up-lifting of one another and in the happy memories of your beloved nephew.