Contributor

We just buried my Beloved Sweet Nephew, age 29.

Our family is in very deep state of shock/mourning and for some reason, I thought I would 'share' in hopes that it could, maybe, save a life; even if this post just brings 'awarness' to something that sounds like "well Everyone Knows That". 

I called him 'spidey' (mostly 'secretly') 'cause he was all and I mean All legs and arms, okay here I go crying...again...sorry.  My lil' Sis and her husband were stationed in Japan and I lived in Germany, so our 'little boys' did not meet till tender age of 3, and they have been Best Bud's from the moment they met. 'Spidey' was the youngest of 3 boys. Physically Beautiful (he modeled in Japan--his face was plastered all over Tokyo on buses!!!---but...his ever so gentle,  easy-going nature, joyful, compassionate, inquisitive, adventurous soul, also included him being so kind, very smart, with a truly Genuine Smile that would light up any room and Laughter!! that was beyond...infectious. I still hear his Joyous Laughter, and never, ever want to be....without it.

He got sick. He Stopped drinking liquids. His new roommate had not moved in yet and he did not want to 'bother/call' anyone about feeling-not-well; just figured he had some kind of...bug. And he was off from (masonry construction--something he loved, loved doing) work for 8 days till his next pretty big project; he and 2 good friends started the company 7 years ago and were doing more than...well; 12 qualified masons. Plus, if it were 'up-to-him' he would of worked 6/7 days a week, but....his partners 'decided' that he Needed a mini-vacation. My lil' Sis got worried, so she went over with one of his brothers to check on him. He started to stand up and collapsed. Ambulance. Coma. In hospital for 6 days; never made it out. NO sodium or potassium in his body and beyond dehydrated and electrolytes...zilch. No, dialysis did not work; you Have to have Some....kidney function for survival. 

It was...awful. 

And it was up to me to bring him ....home... from TN to GA and to plan a funeral for him. My lil' Sis and her husband were in absolutely No condition to do this.

Then, the 'hurricane' hit, so we were 'delayed' 4 days.

What a tragedy, what a unnecessary horrific shocking turn of events. 

Please, if you or your loved ones are 'ill' make SURE that they are drinking fluids. Sounds so 'of course, I Know!! THAT', but it can...happen...easier than you realize. 

We are in a total state of pain, shock and mourning.

His service (I hope) was beautiful, and filled with...Love.

Spidey, Auntie loves you, so very very much. And I will do my very best to take care of your Mom, Dad and Brothers, who are beyond filled with grief, and of course 'Oma' who has been on dialysis for almost the last 4 years who insisted on being there, with you. We hope you felt all the Love in our hearts.

And, if anyone reads this, and it 'helps' to....remember...to Drink plenty of fluids, then this post...is not in...vain.

Thank you for 'listening' and even a little, little prayer, felt or said, for our family, is more than appreciated, for we Believe in Prayer

God Bless

moondust

Respected Contributor

Re: We just buried my Beloved Sweet Nephew, age 29.

Please accept my very deepest condolences for your tragic loss. Someone life makes no sense. May you find solace in your faith and each other. 

Thank you you for posting this, I hope it can help others.

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry to hear of this, I am lifting you and your family in prayer.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@moondust

Image result for sending hugs to you images

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

no words can express what i feel for your sorrow, just know that my prayers are for your comfort, healing and strength........ and that of your family.............

Honored Contributor

How awful, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

So sorry for the loss of your beloved nephew. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You will grieve for some time, you'll never forget him, but in time you will be comforted by the many wonderful times and the joy and happiness that he brought you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moondust

I am so very, very sorry.  I also lost someone like a son to me, in his early 30s.  It's unfair and so incredibly painful.

My condolences to you and your extended family.

Valued Contributor

So sorry and sadden... In my prayers.Heart

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry. Your family is in my thoughts. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval