Esteemed Contributor

We found another kitty left in all this snowy cold weather.

Hello everyone.. Libby and I found a tiny kitten near our driveway yesterday... A beautiful what looks like a tabby cat. We bundled him up in blankets and is now a guest in our heated garage. We of course have no cat food any idea's of what kind of food we can give him until we are able to take him to our local shelter.So far we gave him some water. But, need some help in what to give him in food. And with this winter storm we can not drive to the local store for cat food. He seems warm and happy but, he needs to eat. He can not be any more then 6 months old if that. Thank you in advance! {he is about the size of my arm up to my elbow]{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Re: We found another kitty left in all this snowy cold weather.

Awww....bless you for taking him in. We've had sub-zero wind chill here and the other day someone found a kitten frozen to a water meter {#emotions_dlg.crying} It's recovering now at the shelter.

I would think dog food (maybe moistened?) would be fine until you can get to the store for food. I don't think dog food has taurine in it, but a couple days won't matter. I don't suggest human turkey or chicken, my cats throw it up.

Honored Contributor

Do you have any chicken and/or rice you could make?

Super Contributor

From your wrist up to your elbow? Probably around 4 months. From the tip of your hand to your elbow, 5-6 months.

Valued Contributor

God bless you and Libby for taking the kitty in. I think ok/Indy is right, dog food will be fine for a couple of days. At least he is safe and warm! Chicken and rice or tuna fish maybe? My cat also loves when we make sandwiches with deli meat and likes bologna & ham too! and cheddar or american cheese!

Respected Contributor

Before you take him to a shelter, please do your research. If possible, find a no-kill shelter. Chances are he'll get adopted right away because he's a kitten, but in case he doesn't, you don't want him to be put down at a later date.

Thank you so much for taking him in.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

Bless you for having a big heart and taking in the little guy. Sheltie Mom had some good ideas for giving him some nourishment.

I feel so bad for these creatures out in this cold weather.