Honored Contributor

Re: Washington Post review of Justin Bieber concert at Verizon Center 4/29

@Kachina624 wrote:

Seems like he's sort of a "has-been" even at his young age.  Don't hear much about him, thank goodness.

@Kachina624

Maybe because we see much of him nowadays.

He lets it all hang out, so to speak.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does any remember when he was first on the Q? He switched hosts in the later program, that day. This was 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGDwFMffyFI

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

"On stage, no contemporary pop superstar appears to hate their own life as much as Bieber, who plunged to new sub-levels of poutiness, wallowing through his choreography as if he was performing court ordered community service". WOW!

This sounds like it could have been written about Bieber's new BFF, Johnny Manziel, only in the world of football. They feed off each other, so it's all cool with them. Both of these young men are in for a huge and rude awakening in the coming few years, if they live that long. They seem far along the path of self-destruction. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

SoCal was very, very glad to be rid of him. His neighbors were (deservedly) calling the cops on him constantly for his alternatively life-threatening and just-to-annoy stunts. If he was not who he (thinks he) is, he would have been in court, and in jail, more times than he actually was. 

Affluenza? This kid has it in spades.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

"On stage, no contemporary pop superstar appears to hate their own life as much as Bieber, who plunged to new sub-levels of poutiness, wallowing through his choreography as if he was performing court ordered community service". WOW!

He probably wants to be done, and enjoy  his millions. He's got a contract to fulfill.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually like his music and him. I felt disappointed when he started spiralling downhill. Recently he has tried to stay out of trouble and be a better person, and I wish him the best, and hope that he now stays out of trouble.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think all of his concerts are sold out so Bieber seems to be doing something right among young teen fans. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I think all of his concerts are sold out so Bieber seems to be doing something right among young teen fans. 

He works with some of the most powerful people in the business and his last album is topping the charts.  Not too many people can claim that kind of success.

Esteemed Contributor

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought his song, "I'm sorry" was due because of the way he acted about a couple of years ago and fans dropped him like a hot potato.  He sang this song as a way of apologizing to his fans for his behavior.  Yep, no one was wanting him around so he had to think twice.  Even Usher dropped him, or so I thought I read.  He came back as fans gave him a second chance.   But, if he is going back to his old ways, he won't be given a third chance and he will become a has-been at an early age. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will preface my response with the fact that I KNOW I'm a dinosaur.

The only place I listen to his music is my spin class as the instructors select the songs.  Before I was told it was him, I just thought it was another breathless little girl whining her way through a song about....something.  I can never understand the lyrics.

Music changes and, mostly, I haven't moved on.  I'm locked in a time warp where songs made me happy or a bit sad and talked about love and longing.  I marvel at the skill and talent of the earlier crooners and classic rock.  At the very least, some songs were just good driving with the radio up loud. 

His stuff, to me at least, falls into the category of annoying, repetitve sounds. 

Those that get their day in the sun and squander it are just unfortunate fools.  It doesn't have to be that way.