Super Contributor

Washington Navy Yard is on lock down...

Just watching now on CNN.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Super Contributor

Re: Washington Navy Yard is on lock down...

FOX is reporting there's an active shooter inside the building.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Watching it on Fox. Hope it is over soon and with safety for all and shooter/shooters captured. 

Super Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

Watching it on Fox. Hope it is over soon and with safety for all and shooter/shooters captured. 

Me too! 

Esteemed Contributor

Stand by units asked not to respond and things might be resolving.

We know people who work there and I'm hoping they are safe.
Honored Contributor

I hope your friends are safe too Lila.  How frightening to have this happen again.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks mtc !

Seems there may have not been any shots fired. Just 2 suspicious people spotted.
Honored Contributor

That would be great news Lila.  I guess with it being so close to the Fourth of July we are all on a bit of an edge . . . I just want everybody to be safe.

Honored Contributor

They are having a press conference to calm everyone down...great response though!

Super Contributor

I was walking the dog and missed any news conference but it sounds like an "all clear" was given and that's good news.