Esteemed Contributor

Re: Waffle House Worker Killed After Asking Customer To Stop Smoking

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Another example of one of those "responsible" gun owners. Let me guess. His defense will be he was standing his ground and he feared for his life. Exactly how MANY nut cases do we have running loose in our society?

Standing his ground against a woman with an order pad - maybe she had a spatula in her hand..

Ah......the deadly spatula.

Respected Contributor

My husband's office is across the way from a Waffle House, which has been the site of two murders.  He said that this Waffle House was torn down a couple of weeks ago.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Q2girl wrote:

My husband's office is across the way from a Waffle House, which has been the site of two murders.  He said that this Waffle House was torn down a couple of weeks ago.  

Is there something about the waffles that causes people to become murderous?

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Who in this thread is defending this shooter?

Saying he is mentally ill implies that the shooting was out of his control and was due to an illness he might have.

@terrier3 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Saying he is mentally ill implies that the shooting was out of his control and was due to an illness he might have.

Suggesting that he possibly had a mental illness is NOT defending the shooter and to even say that is ridiculous.

You yourself suggested he was a law abiding citizen until he wasn't and you don't know that to be true. He could have been a felon who wasn't allowed to have a gun for all we know. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Can't someone be a nut case without being diagnosed mentally ill?

Mominohio posted that the gun didn't kill - we need to do more to stop mentally ill from doing things like this.

@Mominohio wrote:

Boy, let's not deal with the mental health issues that lead to people doing these things.

Someone who pulls something like this has displayed red flags before, but they are ignored and passed over. People with a penchant for this type of violence will do it with or without a weapon. 

When are we going to put the blame where it belongs, on the PERSON who does this, those that missed/dismissed his issues/behavior (family, friends, co workers, health care professionals) or don't act on what they have seen before?

Respected Contributor

@Q2girl wrote:

Aha!  Add waffles to the list of inanimate objects that are dangerous.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Well the phrase nut case you used certainly implies something going on with his mental faculties. I have no idea if he was mentally ill or not my point was that no one defended him. Saying someone may have had be mentally ill does not defend the shooter or make what he did any less tragic but shooting someone over a cigarette does indicate there was something off mentally.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Q2girl wrote:

Aha!  Add waffles to the list of inanimate objects that are dangerous.

..and bottles of syrup

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Mominohio posted that the gun didn't kill - we need to do more to stop mentally ill from doing things like this.

@Mominohio wrote:

Boy, let's not deal with the mental health issues that lead to people doing these things.

Someone who pulls something like this has displayed red flags before, but they are ignored and passed over. People with a penchant for this type of violence will do it with or without a weapon. 

When are we going to put the blame where it belongs, on the PERSON who does this, those that missed/dismissed his issues/behavior (family, friends, co workers, health care professionals) or don't act on what they have seen before?

I would agree, but I also blame the gun laws that allow every paranoid Tom, ******, and Harry to buy as many guns as they want at will and flail them around till they kill someone.

Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Lotus wrote:

Another example of guns don't kill people.  <eyeroll>

Can you explain just how this gun would have killed this person, without the person BEHIND the gun?

I'm really struggling to understand your rationale here.  Obviously, it is the person.  The same person who buys the gun, the bullets and carries it around to a pancake house.  If your speaking of inanimate objects simply rolling off a shelf or hook and deciding to end someone's life that makes about as much sense as a staircase being responsible for someone's demise if one falls down the stairs.

Why did this man feel the need to carry a loaded weapon? 

Gang member, felon, burgler, bank robber....  As you know from the news, most gun offenders are repeat.