Super Contributor

Re: WHERE WERE YOU AND WHAT WERE YOU DOING THE DAY THAT ELVIS DIED?

His death did not affect me at all. I have no memory of the day.
Honored Contributor

I was taking care of a toddler and baby. While I remember his death, I was not particularly caught up in it.
Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2014 ury said:

I had just graduated from college and was working at a job I didn't like at all. The radio was on in the office and the forty-ish woman sitting near me cried a lot. She saw him in Vegas and her heart broke. I was sad for her. I listened to the radio on the drive home. I remember making a decision to look for another job. Life is short.

I knew a few women who seemed to be so profoundly affected, also. One woman I knew at the time was not only heartbroken, but she didn't speak to her husband for two weeks because she was sooooooo mad that he never took her to see Elvis. I guess there had been a missed opportunity and now she knew that there would never be another one. It seemed to be more than she could handle. After some time had passed, we all gave her a hard time about it. Smiley Happy She was probably the biggest fan I knew at the time.

Respected Contributor

I was 12 years old and on summer vacation in Alaska boarding a plain to go to Hawaii. I really didn't know what to think.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

I have absolutely no idea. I was in high school, so I was probably at band camp, but I have no specific recollection of the day.

Super Contributor

I was coming home after a fun day with friends and heard it on the car radio.

Super Contributor

Good thread, Catfancy! I was just going to take a little rest as I had been fighting a horrible summer cold. I laid down on the couch and turned on the TV and it was being announced. I could not believe it, and yes, I cried!

Valued Contributor

We were standing in the living room ready to walk out the door to celebrate my sister's 10th birthday when it came across the bottom of the TV screen.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Frequent Contributor

I was driving home from work and heard it on the car radio. My friend and I had treated our Mothers to a concert of his a few years before. I still have my ticket stubs.

Our Mothers were like teen-agers We just looked at them and smiled. Both talked about it for years afterwards.

My Friend and I were so glad we did it.

He really was a good entertainer. You got you money's worth.

It's sad how his life ended.

Honored Contributor

I think I was on my way home from the mall when I heard it on the radio.