Esteemed Contributor

Re: WE ADOPTED A FUR KID-NEED NAME IDEAS!

Wow,he's a beautiful boy!  How about Nick?  It's close to Christmas...St. Nick tie in. He looks kind of like an Austin or an Ike. Let us know his new name!! 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Domestic Shorthair Cat for adoption in Brooklyn, New York - NINJAthis is my new fur kid!!!! picture from the shelter..........she weighs 14.6 pounds! I mean HE................so used to having all girls!!!!!!

Congratulations, @catlover , on the new family member!  He's such a handsome fella...and looks like a "Max" to me!   Although...add a pair of glasses and keep the stance... Dimitri! Woman LOL  Whatever you call him, he's a lucky guy, and thanks for adopting.  Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Domestic Shorthair Cat for adoption in Brooklyn, New York - NINJAthis is my new fur kid!!!! picture from the shelter..........she weighs 14.6 pounds! I mean HE................so used to having all girls!!!!!!

Handsome fella! He has a tail like a raccoon. I'd call him Rocky.

~ house cat ~
Occasional Visitor

Congratulations, old friend! I like Rocky as well.

Or...maybe......The Keep.....Smiley LOL

He's gorgeous and BIG!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For some reason, the name Joey/Joseph popped into my head. 

For a name slightly similar to Ninja, how about Nickie or Nico/Niko or Neko?  ("Neko" is Japanese for "cat.")

Or, if he is a perfect gentleman, Nigel?

Respected Contributor

I have always like the name Oliver for either a cat or dog. If he is 5 years old it may be too late to rename him. He could become confused. He would have to adjust to a new home and a new name at the same time. I would wait and see what his temperment is and go from there. Congrats on the new kitty.

Respected Contributor

With a name like Ninja, he's not hiding, he's being Stealthy!  It's not a bad name. You'll be calling him Ninj in no time.  Or if he's the silly sort "Ninny".  "Sage" might be nice too.  Or "Gene" for geneology since he might be a relative of your cat that has passed.  Take your time and he'll show you his name.  If he does respond to Ninja you may want to tack on the new name to the end of it for a while so he knows you're talking to him  and then slowly drop the ninja part.  Have fun with your handsome new boy cat!

Valued Contributor

CUTE furbaby! I like the name "ROCKY".

Esteemed Contributor

When I adopted my girl (English Lab), she had been rescued from Puerto Rico.  She spent almost her first four+ years there.  They had named her Pouncer (duh! certainly not a girly name, and she's such a beautiful girl). I did an animal name search online.  They have many categories to choose from.  I choose a name category.  When I read the meaning of Jade, it said sp, a mother's prescious gem.  Thus Pouncer became Jade and had no problem answering to her new name:  she accepted it with the same vigor as her new life!

P.S.  Jade went from skin and bones to quite a girlish figure.  And, she's a big flirt - men just adore her!  One day she was walking away from this man she liked.  He had just told me Jade's butt really filled out!  Before the daggers came out,  he watched her walking away and said she's got a J-Lo butt (saved his life!); so, I looked as she walked into the other room as she swayed in a sexy way!  So, gave her a middle name, Loe (for J-lo).  I've since given her a confirmation name:  Houdinee - you can figure out how she earned that oneWoman Wink!  Anyways, don't rush, see what 'fits' your furbaby.

Esteemed Contributor

What a handsome little fellow.  Rocky is a cute name, but would you consider Cody?