Trusted Contributor

OMG - I agree - that obi belt was getting nausiating!  It's a belt, for heavens sake, not a cure-all!!!  Am glad that TSV is over!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Yes....what you said!

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

I think Shawn is much smarter than you think.  I believe she asks those questions so Isaac can explain for customers who may not know about different styles or understand colors that are not what they really are.  

I think she's intelligent too.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

A belt TSV was a poor idea to begin with, but I did not see a single model or the vendor on whom it lookefd good, nor did it improve the appearance of a single outfit..

Respected Contributor

i was shocked they didn't try the obi belt, with a bathrobe!

it's for a limited market, as is the whole GILI (overpriced) line.

Honored Contributor

Re: WAY TO GO ISAAC!!!

[ Edited ]

@10sluvr wrote:

i was shocked they didn't try the obi belt, with a bathrobe!

it's for a limited market, as is the whole GILI (overpriced) line.

That's what I bought mine for.  My bathrobe.  I'm also going to try it over my negligees.  Nothing says secksy like a leather belt over a lace nightie.  Woman LOL 

I also ordered one for my dog.  She's carrying a little extra winter weight through her mid-section so I thought this might make her look longer and leaner.  I went with the champagne for her since she's nearly black.   

Valued Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Tantallum  dial it back A LITTLE????  I'm saying A LOT.

LOL, yes very good point! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Shawn wanted to OBI a leather jean jacket Isaac was presenting.....he wouldn't let her do it!!!!  Thank you, Isaac.......I think that would have sent me right over the Obi Belt cliff.........

Wow, she had no right to do that just because she's obsessed with that thing.  I have never seen that done before, using another vendor's product in a show.  I'll bet Isaac was angry, but being the sweet guy he is, tried not to show it.  She goes too far.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

10sluver, They had a coat that looked exactly like a bathrobe, lace and all! They showed the belt with it.

Enough already!

Honored Contributor

Isaac does get around.  Presently he's on a local NYC talk show discussing Project Runway All Stars. In March he is  being honored at the NYC Jewish Museum with an exhibition.  He also has a book

Respected Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

OMG - I agree - that obi belt was getting nausiating!  It's a belt, for heavens sake, not a cure-all!!!  Am glad that TSV is over!!!

Pretty soon, they'll have obis for children, men, and dogs!!  deadhorse.gif