Honored Contributor

Re: WAS A DISCUSSION MOVED?

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

Thanks @SahmIam!

I saw the subject when I got up but had to answer the phone.

There was a lot of good information there, imo it was wrong not to leave it up

Hi, @Noel7!   I hope you're doing well.❤️   I saw the threads...  one poster had bumped at least 3 threads from as far back as nearly 4 years ago on the same or similar topic.    Personally, I think that practice is inconsiderate toward the original poster of a thread (especially if the topic relates to personal medical issues) whose thread was long ago either closed or the thread went inactive.    And, of course, bumping is a standards violation.   I never understand why people do that instead of starting their own, new thread -- and doing so in the proper sub-forum.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hi @dooBdoo

I understand, I didn't see it was an old thread.  When I first saw it earlier, it sounded like a condition a relative is going through and I hoped there might be something to help her.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it lists another poster

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

Several threads were removed as a result of constant bumping of old threads....I apologize for any inconvenience however it is againt standards.

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC

Well....anything is possible.

It's a Full Moon Week.

🌝⭐️

Honored Contributor

Beth-QVC wrote:

Several threads were removed as a result of constant bumping of old threads....I apologize for any inconvenience however it is againt standards.

Beth QVC

Kudos for that!  Smiley Happy   Seriously, thank you.  I'm glad if you guys are going to start doing that.

Valued Contributor

If TPTB don't want old threads bumped up why don't they delete them after a few months?

Honored Contributor

Or just lock them. They can still be read just not posted on.

Honored Contributor

MathisFan wrote:

If TPTB don't want old threads bumped up why don't they delete them after a few months?

That was my recommendation a while back.

If a thread is more than x number of months WITHOUT a post, maybe outside of a recipe, it should be deleted, IMO.    I don't know what that cutoff is, but in a board as busy as this one a thread that hasn't had a post in even a week or so has become dead.

Honored Contributor

Re: WAS A DISCUSSION MOVED?

[ Edited ]

@MathisFan wrote:

@MathisFan,  I think they probably keep some of the older threads available for those who want to refer back to the information.    Even so, I think they need to close the old threads to additional comments.   It's very easy to program a loop to go through the old threads and close them...  their IT Lithium folks (who manage the website) could do so very simply.    It's rather unprofessional that they don't do this, but that's just my opinion.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo   Good idea about closing threads to additional comments.   Personally, I don't understand the big deal about bumping posts.