Trusted Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

My best friend for over thirty years died unexpectedly this morning.  Our children grew up together.  We became family.  My hearTt is broken...

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Heart

~LdyBugz

Respected Contributor

Image result for animated sympathy message

Respected Contributor

Nananana59 ...You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your friend.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

My best friend for over thirty years died unexpectedly this morning.  Our children grew up together.  We became family.  My heart is broken...

@nana59

I am sorry to see you have lost your long time friend, and my condolences to you and her family. As I grow older more and more of my friends have died. Some after a long battle with illnesses, others unexpectedly. 

For me it is very hard to see a long time friend suffer over a long period before their deaths. While it is not a shock to me, in those cases, it seems to hurt me much more over a long period of time, before they die.

Thoughts are with you at the loss of your very good friend.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

My condolences on your loss @nana59.

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Honored Contributor

Nananana59 wrote:

My best friend for over thirty years died unexpectedly this morning.  Our children grew up together.  We became family.  My heart is broken...

Oh, dear @nana59.    I'm so sorry.    My eyes filled with tears reading your post.    I hope you can find some modicum of comfort in the treasured memories you and your friend created.    You're the holder of all those delightful, or even sad or poignant, stories and vignettes and maybe secrets only the two of you knew.    Perhaps it will bring you solace, in some measure, to share those with her children along the way as a gift and as an honor in her memory.    My prayers for you and all who love your friend.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

kivah wrote:

Nananana59 wrote:

@Nananana59

Last January, my best friend Brenda died of lung cancer. We were BFF's for 33 yrs. I still get angry thinking about what happened to her -- especially since she was 14 yrs younger than me. Try to think of the happy times you had with ur friend --- hopefujlly, the pain will ease. I think it's worse that it was so sudden.

I also lost my "amazing" mom to cancer 35 yrs ago - and I'm still suffering from that as well. I guess I'll never get over either loss.

(((@kivah))), hugs and prayers for you, too.   I'm so sorry.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

arrabella wrote:

So very sorry for your loss.  I just lost a friend of 15 years so I know your grief.  My prayers are with you.

(((@arrabella))), I'm so sorry to hear this.  My prayers are with you, also.❤️

Honored Contributor

@nana59    Oh boy I am so sorry Nana.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Kachina624 wrote:

@Nananana59 I'm so sorry you lost your friend.   It'll haunt you for a long time.   My friend of about 17 years,  who had just moved back home to her family after a difficult divorce, was found dead in her new house last month.   It's hard for me to even imagine as she was so alive and full of fun.   It's very hard to accept.   You have my heartfelt sympathy. 

((( @Kachina624))), hugs and prayers.❤️