Honored Contributor

Re: Verizon email

[ Edited ]

@viva923 wrote:

my Verizon email service will stop 1 april.

i was sent a email for getting into the new email service Verizon signed up with.

Am now into AOL.COM  with my Verizon.net address.

there is no cost for the change or for using the aol service.

i was advised that Verizon did this blending service about 2 yrs ago (contracts were signed with AOL to blend both services together).

If you do not join AOL before the 1 April deadline, you will LOSE your Verizon email account.

@viva923   So is it a relatively smooth transition and business as usual?

I've had this email address for eons.  I have no idea how to change to another company and don't really want to.

So with your new AOL address, businesses will send you emails to your old email address and it will come through to you on the new aol one?

I'm so confused.  Anyone?

ETA:  And verizon has NOT contacted me about this!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

lucky charm

have you already received your email from Verizon advising you of the change from Verizon email to AOL change??

If you have, follow the lines verizon gives to set up the new AOL account. it was a 20 second set up for me.

nothing will be deleted, you will get all your emails you have set up that were delievered to the Verizon.net email address in your new AOL address.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

lucky charm

have you already received your email from Verizon advising you of the change from Verizon email to AOL change??

If you have, follow the lines verizon gives to set up the new AOL account. it was a 20 second set up for me.

nothing will be deleted, you will get all your emails you have set up that were delievered to the Verizon.net email address in your new AOL address.

@viva923

No the only thing i get from verizon is a bill online.  i wonder why i haven't been notified.  my home phones, tvs and internet all thru verizon.  thx for getting back to me.  good to know it;s not hard to do.  i guess i'll have to call them.  yuck.  sorry no caps....holding a bowl of soup in left hand....lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lucky,

it may be you ARE NOT AFFECTED with this new email.

I have talked with people who are on Verizon email and did not get a notice.

one person did tell me, it depends on how often you use Verizon emails. I have verizon as my secondary email, so i rarely use verizon.

i was advised that is why i had to change to aol service because Verizon is my secondary email service.

contact Verizon and check it out with them,they will give you the correct answer to what you need to know.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for this post.  I have a Verizon email account that I don't use, it's part of the cable service.  I will log in (if I remember how!) and see if I have the message.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm, and others who use Verizon email...   as posted earlier, just take a look at Verizon's FAQ page devoted to this issue.   I think you'll find answers there.    If you decide to open a new account, in most cases you can request that your contacts and messages be imported from the old Verizon account to the new email account.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Regular Contributor

I switched my verizon to AOL a week ago. Was complicated and ended up with a tech person taking control of my computer to get it done. My contacts and saved folders did not transfer and he said to give it a few days. It has been a week and they are still missing. He told me if they didn't transfer I need to call Verizon support and get help. Better get to it tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

I have a Verizon email account and have heard nothing about it being 'closed'.