Honored Contributor

Re: 😜😤 Vent & Rant & Get It Off Your Shoulders!

[ Edited ]

FB_IMG_1485338358392.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer not to rant and rave but vent my frustrations by  postive actions and resistance. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet When the Q was selling those Frostguards, they said it is against the law to NOT clean the snow off your car. Is that true in your state?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

IMG_3630.JPG 

Here's an interesting fact about this popular sign: It was originally a motivational poster produced by the British government in 1939 in preparation for World War II.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Here's my rant----

What is happening to television (and I'm talking both national and all cable channels too) the shows seem to be nothing but commercials these days with very few minutes of an actual program).....no wonder so many viewers are recording shows to enable them to escape the commercials....or going other routes (ie. Nexflix etc), or sticking to watching just movies........

Hey @Spurt, long time, no see!  Decided to try posting again after about a year and a half hiatus... Are you still doing your weekly QVC "commercials" - they were great!

Your rant about commercials on TV is spot on - I once counted the number of different commercials during one commercial break - it was 21 different commercials! (Most only a few seconds long) and when they were finished, I had no idea what product a single commercial presented!  Great marketing - NOT! grin emoticon

@kittymomNC

Hey kittymom.....nice to see you again!!!  hope everything is well with you.

If you go to Q Talk preview post is over there..........

Yep commercials are out of control and the other night like they arent enough commericals....the commercials ran over and it cut out some of the ending of the program!!!!!  It's ridiculous....and there are so few shows I even watch on the national channels anymore....and this is just another reason why....

Take care!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@house-cat, those are awful. No one on our local news dresses that way. 

Honored Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

Now for my own rant:  I love what comedian Ron White said... "you can't fix stupid"!  I'm SO tired of having to call and deal with companies' representatives who apparently don't know as much about their own business as I know about their businesses - insurance companies, banks, electric, phone, cable companies.  Sometimes I wonder what happened to the days when companies cared about training their customer service people.  I've been told as many as four different things talking to four different people about one thing at one company (including a supervisor).  I hate to say the reps are "stupid" - but on occasion I do run into that, I think.  Most are just sadly untrained.    pulling hair emoticon 

@kittymomNC

Oh man you are so right on track my friend......the employees that handle our medical insurance for our company are completely clueless......some of us have even written letters to our Benefits Department complaining that they know absolutely nothing and have no knowledge of what they are doing and can't provide answers to our questions.....but they always close their call or email with we are available 24/7 for you ---FOR WHAT??????????????

And same with the other institutions you mention ---  it seems these days companies give employees a short computer training course and expect them to be knowledge, they just won't spend th time or money to train them right, but in the long wrong it costs them in terms of 1 call to settle a situation it takes many calls and effort, and some lose customers too because of it....it seems this is rampant.  Of course there's also some employees that just don't give a darn......instead of working spend time playing on their phone or work computer and want to know when they are going to get their next raise (for doing nothing)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Now my rant.  I am sick, sick, sick of people being distracted by one thing or another while they drive.  Usually it's their phone.  Or they are under the influence of something or another. 

Yesterday on my way home at lunch, I was the 4th car in line at a light.  The light turned green and we sat.  And we sat.  And we sat some more.  No one beeped at the first car to go and being that I was the 4th car, I thought maybe the car was stalled or there was so other issue.  Finally the person went.

I ended up directly behind this woman at the next red light.  The light turned green and she sat.  And she sat.  Then I noticed her head was slightly bent  down and her arms were moving.  I realized she was doing something on her phone.  I laaaaaaaaaid on the horn and she looked up and started to go.  I went around her and she had her phone propped on the steering wheel while she texted away.  Unbelievable. 

On a much sadder note, yesterday a Cleveland Police Office was killed when he was hit by a car as he directed traffic due to an earlier accident.  The car that hit him kept right on going.  They did find him later and he was taken into custody and he has a long list of priors including DUIs.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if it came back that he was under the influence of something when he hit the office and kept on driving.      

Occasional Contributor

Ok,  here goes... Why is it everytime I see these cute bras, they dont make them in a "A" cup size???  I may be in the minority here, but I am an "A" cup and I'm not a teen or pre-teen!!  I feel like us gals who are "A" cups are kinda "shoved off" into teen bras or something.  Sorry, saw this post and had to rant a little Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Image result for smart phone zombie apocalypse

Distracted walking has gotten so bad states are starting to pass laws ......come on folks, can't you put down your phone for at least a few minutes.....SHEESH!!!

http://www.wthr.com/article/cities-consider-laws-banning-texting-and-walking

http://time.com/1606/your-texting-addiction-is-starting-to-cost-the-government/