Honored Contributor

Re: 😜😤 Vent & Rant & Get It Off Your Shoulders!

I've never opened a bottle of wine in my life.

So tonight I tried to open one.  No luck.

Tried to open another one.  No luck.

Am thinking about trying to open a third.

But they are lined up on the counter (2 w/corkscrews still in them) and it looks kinda.....bad.Woman LOL

Super Contributor

I have a lot of rants to be sure but have to keep them all offline due to the private nature and political nature too.  I'm fired up though.  I guess I'll have to phone a friend.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

Here's my rant----

What is happening to television (and I'm talking both national and all cable channels too) the shows seem to be nothing but commercials these days with very few minutes of an actual program).....no wonder so many viewers are recording shows to enable them to escape the commercials....or going other routes (ie. Nexflix etc), or sticking to watching just movies........

Hey @Spurt, long time, no see!  Decided to try posting again after about a year and a half hiatus... Are you still doing your weekly QVC "commercials" - they were great!

Your rant about commercials on TV is spot on - I once counted the number of different commercials during one commercial break - it was 21 different commercials! (Most only a few seconds long) and when they were finished, I had no idea what product a single commercial presented!  Great marketing - NOT! grin emoticon

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now for my own rant:  I love what comedian Ron White said... "you can't fix stupid"!  I'm SO tired of having to call and deal with companies' representatives who apparently don't know as much about their own business as I know about their businesses - insurance companies, banks, electric, phone, cable companies.  Sometimes I wonder what happened to the days when companies cared about training their customer service people.  I've been told as many as four different things talking to four different people about one thing at one company (including a supervisor).  I hate to say the reps are "stupid" - but on occasion I do run into that, I think.  Most are just sadly untrained.    pulling hair emoticon 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It bothers me that men on the news and t.v. are required to wear suits and ties, while the women dress like they're hitting the clubs on their way home from work. I'm embarrassed for some of the weather girls and anchor women on T.V. in Los Angeles. I don't know if it's the same all over the country.  Granted, these are beautiful women, but clearly they are valued more for the way they look than for their professional talents.  If women truly want equality in the workplace, they need to stand up for themselves.

1.jpg2.jpg11.jpg5.jpeg5.jpg

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

People who consistently post incoherently in sentence fragments and disconnected phrases with no periods or capital letters in giant run-on sentences using poor grammar to boot. One big paragraph of WT* .....

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm tired of all the scam phone calls, emails, and texts, attempting to separate me from my money!  Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I've never opened a bottle of wine in my life.

So tonight I tried to open one.  No luck.

Tried to open another one.  No luck.

Am thinking about trying to open a third.

But they are lined up on the counter (2 w/corkscrews still in them) and it looks kinda.....bad.Woman LOL

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

@LOL. Let me help, @Lucky Charm. Turning the top of the corkscrew to the left up to the top of the worm then push the levers down and ease out the cork.

Esteemed Contributor

Now that the winter weather is upon us I hate it when selfish drivers are too lazy to clean the snow and ice off their car rear windows and roofs.  First of all they cannot see out their rear windows which is dangerous for them and their passengers but that it becomes my problem when the snow freezes on the car and the wind blows a huge chunk of it off and sends it flying into my car windshield when I am behind them.

Honored Contributor