Honored Contributor

Re: 😜😤 Vent & Rant & Get It Off Your Shoulders!

My son has been sick since Friday with a sore throat fever and body aches.  His fever broke yesterday - Yay, but still the other symptoms.  I thought he was doing better - nope....he just upchucked......GRRRRrrrrr.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My vent/rant for the week is about a Sunday delivery I had coming from Amazon.  They have some service that takes parcels to the main post office for this city and they deliver them on Sundays.

Once again my AD from Amazon, including a 30# bag of dog food, went by this Sunday USPS delivery thing.

Well, the bonehead delivered it to the wrong house.  Here I am, after seeing that it was delivered, but it wasn't on my porch, searching my little street and seeing it on somebody else's porch.  

Well, the parcel with the dog food and a few other things weighed around 40# and I was slipping and sliding on the ice (fell once) just locating it so there was no way I could go get it and bring it home.   I cannot carry 40# for anywhere near that distance.  Had to call husband, who had to leave his office and come home to get my package for me.

I felt the need to register a complaint, but nobody answered at the post office (probably because it was Sunday).  Figured that Amazon is a great company so maybe I can do something there  (not their fault, but maybe they could make something happen).

Called Amazon.  They contacted USPS with me on the phone and we registered a complaint.   Said I'd get a call back in next few days.  Figured MAYBE tht was true.  But they did call me yesterday and, hopefully, this stops happening. 

Thanks for listening.  Sorry so long.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

@MickD wrote:

My son has been sick since Friday with a sore throat fever and body aches.  His fever broke yesterday - Yay, but still the other symptoms.  I thought he was doing better - nope....he just upchucked......GRRRRrrrrr.....

I'm sorry @MickD.

Hope your son gets better soon.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep
When DD was little, she called it the P-U--S man! I like yours better!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MickD
Just when you think it's over: (
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt Imo delivery problems are getting worse.

I'm glad you didn't fall in the ice and hurt yourself.

Honored Contributor

Evelyn223 wrote:

@chickenbutt Imo delivery problems are getting worse.

I'm glad you didn't fall in the ice and hurt yourself.

Thanks!  Yeah, I was kinda scared sliding around on the ice and then just getting more and more pi$$ed, as I felt helpless.   It ended up being one of those 'last straw' deals.  Stuff happens.  I get that, but enough already.  Smiley Happy

One of the things that aggravated me the most was that all these houses have numbers on them, big as your head, and the delivery person had to see the numbers right in front of his face as he put the parcel on their porch.   If I were delivering stuff I sure as heck would match up the address on the parcel to the address where I was delivery it.  IMO, that is just 'delivery 101' stuff.  But I digress...

Respected Contributor

Here's mine ...wish all my problems could be so small, but I'm spreading the word just the same. Places a pair of booties in my cart on Lord&Taylor website for 38.88 on sale. Continued shopping. Went to check out and boots in cart 38.88. Remembered something else I needed, and went back to shopping the site. Finished shopping and went back to check out. Boots now 77 dollars and change. Sent email to CS under their questions about pricing category. No reply. Ten hours later called CS. Their response, "Sorry must have been a glitch in the system". "If I had only taken a screen shot, then they would have been able to do something about it and adjust the price." So you're saying you can't trust my word and give me the price, or check into the reasons that may have listed the lower price and then doubled it within hours. But if I had provided a screen shot, you would have given me the lower price. WOW. L&T ... you lost me as a customer, and for good.

Super Contributor

I wish the guy in the Toyota Compass would quit riding my rear end when driving to work. It makes me nuts!! Whew!! I feel better!!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

MercysMom wrote:

I wish the guy in the Toyota Compass would quit riding my rear end when driving to work. It makes me nuts!! Whew!! I feel better!!

Ugh, stoopid drivers, amirite?  

I remember one time, driving to work, when I was on the priority road.  Some guy in a van is at the stop sign on a side street and, just as I'm right there, he pulls out in front of me and turns left across my lane. 

Of course, I had to slam on my brakes to avoid being hit by him.  I put my hands up like 'what the ...?'.  Right?    What does he do?  He flips me off.