Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie, stop with the Religion

QVC sells many religious items. Bibles being one of them. Also Bible audio tapes. 

Honored Contributor

No one said she doesn't have right to mix religion into her sales pitches. It's just a marketing ploy, Easter is coming and apparently their inspirational items sell well. So, Qvc is stretching the boundaries a little more. There's a lot of competition out there and they'll do whatever it takes to make a sale. I'm okay with that. QVC is a retailer, not a news channel.
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am Catholic but there are other people who are Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, etc. that may not believe in Jesus.  This is not a religious show and I feel it is not appropriate to give lessons in religion on QVC. 

I thought Valerie was Jewish? Years ago she was on Christmas Eve and was celebrating Hanukkah.

Frequent Contributor

I missed the Rules for Homeshopping Channels. Can you tell me where they are written? Last I heard we had free speech in this country and freedom of religion. Oh those rules might be written right next to the ones that should make award shows apolitical. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What possible difference should it make in anyone's life if a vendor offers something religious on a shopping network? No one is forcing you to buy, and you have the right to change the channel.  Doesn't bother me at all when something related to a different religion is offered.  Actually I find that these things are interesting, and add to my understanding of other faiths. Makes me a little wiser, and that's always a good thing.

Do I have a problem with her making money selling something that supports her faith?  Absollutely not.  Someone has to make or fashion every religious object; otherwise, nothing of a religious nature would be available to any of us.  I'm actually happy that there are religious things I can purchase. Not saying what my religion is so as not to offend anyone.

Honored Contributor

I'm Jewish, Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, Enjoy hearing anyone especially VP discuss beauty of the season. By the way! Love my beautiful VP quilt. Omy!! Beyond perfection. Thank you, VP!🙋
Honored Contributor

@periwinklerocket wrote:

I missed the Rules for Homeshopping Channels. Can you tell me where they are written? Last I heard we had free speech in this country and freedom of religion. Oh those rules might be written right next to the ones that should make award shows apolitical. 

Freedom of speech and freedom of religion have nothing to do with home shopping. Both apply to government entities limiting the practice of religion or expression, not private businesses. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@makena wrote:

She has just as much right so speak about her religion.

So your ok with her making money off of her faith?

It doesn't bother me. Why would it? It's not like religious stores don't exist. I get a catalogue in the mail that sells statues of Shiva and Odin along with ones of Jesus and Mary. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I was making breakfast and had it on for background noise, loved the description of the bracelet, I ordered two sets to share with my 2 sisters, my God-daughter and myself. So thank you Valerie, can't wait to receive them and share them.

Honored Contributor

If people weren't buying her products  she wouldn't be selling them on the show.

Q offers a wide variety of items ,they are not  selling  a faith

Many people might not be able to go to a mall, or live near one.  This gives them a chance to buy what  appeals to them