Frequent Contributor

Re: Using an umbrella in the hot Summer sun?

They do it all the time here in Arizona. I believe they use their umbrellas more for the sun since we do  not get much rain.

Honored Contributor

I have an SPF umbrella that protects you from the sun and is vented at the top. 

Mine is silver and turquoise on the inside. 

I wear wide brimmed hats, too.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't own an umbrella...or a parasol.

I keep getting them for Christmas.....I think it's the Arizona answer to "the fruitcake".

@Desertdi  I just knew you were going to say you didn't own one either.  When  I moved to West Texas from Houston, I had a couple of umbrellas clearly visible in the back seat of my car.  People teased me about them to the point I got rid of them.  Haven't had or needed one since.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have one that is black with lace that I use for both the rain and the sun. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Yes, I will use an umbrella if I'm in the sun very long.

Last year at my brother's funeral, there were 3 women and me that used an umbrella while standing outside.

I have had skin cancer on my face and I will protect my skin no matter how silly it may look.

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU, HomeGirl..........Perfect for long walks, etc.!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

have not really seen this trend that much in the baltimore/washington area.....if i have it has been few and far between.

i have seen it a bit more in the southern california area......particularly in san diego. still not THAT many people though.

i dont even seen it on the streets at the beaches in delmarva.

i do use a beach umbrella on the beach and by the pool and i do own a few umbrellas for rain.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Yes, I will use an umbrella if I'm in the sun very long.

Last year at my brother's funeral, there were 3 women and me that used an umbrella while standing outside.

I have had skin cancer on my face and I will protect my skin no matter how silly it may look.

I don't think they look silly at all. Their are some gorgeous ones. My mom is a pale natural redhead and has had skin cancer. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you, too, MoonChilde!  My 'bee keeper's hat' (lol) is very heavy.  I found it in the gardening dept.  It has a removeable, snap-in shield around the sides and back.  Better for cooler days, but too heavy when it's warm. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Here's the one I have, it even comes with a little storage bag. It gives 95% UV protection and I've used it in the rain also. I bought it online, at that place that carries everything. 

616CEGRG8+L._SL1126_.jpg

416VJJtEYpL.jpg