Contributor

I was wondering if anyone had any experience using their Discover Card through ShopDiscover to shop on QVC. I've been thinking of getting one because I do so much online shopping but I've heard not so good reviews of people booking cruises through ShopDiscover. Not that big of a deal, but I was wondering if the process of going through Q regularly to going through ShopDiscover is the same?

Super Contributor

Re: Using ShopDiscover for QVC

I'm new to shopdiscover. I've always had the Sam's Club Discover card but one of my friends kept mentioning shopdiscover and through many stores was earning 10% back, some less, vs. ebates and mrrebates . . . just in a few short months, since like April or May, I've already earned about 300.00 back as we had a few bigger ticket item orders from Home Depot and some other household purchases that jacked it up quickly. It won't be that high all the time in the future but it was a nice chunk of change . . . I haven't ventured so far as to see how to actually receive or spend this rebate amount . . . but I'm sure I'll figure it out quickly and easily. Almost like *free* money. And in my case, some purchases easier than driving 50 miles round trip to the brick & mortar location and paying double sales tax vs free shipping and delivered to my door and lower, 5.5% vs. 9% sales tax and my time and gasoline savings too.

I'm definitely, although fairly recent, NEW fan of shopdiscover!

p.s. you can't do shopdiscover with the Sam's Discover, has to be a regular Discover. Which when I went to apply . . . and they were going to give me some lowly credit limit, I discovered when talking with the person on the phone, that I had a Discover account, I just hadn't used or activated cards in several years, and it had a 10K plus credit limit, not that I ever charge that much on one card in a month . . . but sent me some "new" cards for that account and I was good to go!

Honored Contributor

i use mr rebates and big crumbs the most for rebates.....i do also use ebates and extrabux. all of them have quite a lot of retailers while the shopdiscover only has a little over 200 right now. i may try it out, but i am happy with the way the other ones work. right now shopdiscover has qvc at 5% which is the same amount on mr rebates.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. I'm thinking of applying for a Discover It. With all the money that I spend on Q a year the 5% cashback would really come in handy. Most places where I live don't accept Discover so this would pretty much be an online only card, and hearing that it works is pretty relieving.

Contributor

On 8/28/2014 sunshine45 said:

i use mr rebates and big crumbs the most for rebates.....i do also use ebates and extrabux. all of them have quite a lot of retailers while the shopdiscover only has a little over 200 right now. i may try it out, but i am happy with the way the other ones work. right now shopdiscover has qvc at 5% which is the same amount on mr rebates.

I did not even realize that this existed. Thank you! I might try this out as well. Still gonna get the Discover cause I think I would prefer the cashback just showing up on my credit card but this would be helpful also.

Honored Contributor

We love our Discover card and I use the Shop Discover or whatever it's called all the time. 5% back on QVC and tons of other sites. They also do quarterly specials where they give you 5% back. This quarter it's gas purchases. October-December it's 5% back on online purchases up to $1,500. We use Discover for just about everything and get substantial rebates back. We take our rebates in the form of gift cards as they offer those at a discounted amount (example $50 Talbots gift card for $40 worth pf points).

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

I always use shopDiscover when I purchase from QVC. Never had a problem...and the way I shop, it adds up fast!

They have over 200 retailers, lots of top brands.