Honored Contributor

Update thread for posters who haven't been here much

In the past few days, I've seen several long time posters who have been absent, posting here for the first time, in a long time. I might have missed some of these posts, because of my somewhat crazy life and schedule.

I'm glad to hear updates from many of you, even though some of your news has been sad.  I have a lot of good memories of many of you....I care about you, and want to know how you're doing.  

If you care to, please check in here and give an update.

I'm not sure how much I've shared (post on Facebook, too)

My update.  My two children are doing great!  I also have two granddaughters who were born almost three months before their due dates, but seem to be catching up to other babies their ages at this time.  

My husband has late stage Alzheimer's Disease and lives in a nearby Memory Care facility.  His condition seesaws. He does well for weeks, then has problems. 

I also have two elderly parents with health issues.  My mom has been in the hospital since a week before Thanksgiving.  I continue to have hope for her, in spite of her prognosis.  

I think it helps helps to talk things out.   I hope my comments to some of you who are going through tough times have benefitted you, in some way. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Update thread for posters who haven't been here much

I'm soo sorry to hear about your spouse and your parents.  Much has happened in my immediate family but Im not comfortable sharing due to some posters here who would think nothing of using it to demean me.  I hope you find comfort here with others who will share their difficulties.

Honored Contributor

@september, I'd agree you have a busy schedule.  It no doubt is stressful.  Can't imagine anyone demeaning a poster who is going through difficult times.  Take care.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH   Thanks for your comments!  I remember you from way back.....wish you well, as always. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's amazing how much other people's lives can mirror our own.

@september, you're a "tween" in the sense of caring for your parents, grandchildren and husband.  Your experience was my 1995-97...my mother was in a coma, my in laws had Alzheimer's, I delivered a a baby two months premature and later my husband was on life support.

I am so very sorry you are going through this.  One day at a time and you'll be surprised at the strength you'll get.

Love to the babies, give your hubby a hug and warm thoughts for your parents.

Heart

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@september  it sounds life your life has been  difficult. I'm glad your granddaughters are thriving.  They must be a great source of joy  for you

I'm sorry about your husband. My mother had that despicable disease, and I know how terrible it is

You must be a very busy lady, trying to juggle everything. God bless you

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

It's amazing how much other people's lives can mirror our own.

@september, you're a "tween" in the sense of caring for your parents, grandchildren and husband.  Your experience was my 1995-97...my mother was in a coma, my in laws had Alzheimer's, I delivered a a baby two months premature and later my husband was on life support.

I am so very sorry you are going through this.  One day at a time and you'll be surprised at the strength you'll get.

Love to the babies, give your hubby a hug and warm thoughts for your parents.

Heart

Thanks.  A few days ago, on this board, someone posted a quote by Winston Churchill that was something  like "when you're going through hell....keep going". I do get inspiration from reading here, even at times when I don't feel like posting. 

Those of you who post about your experiences...you might be helping others, without realizing it. 

Honored Contributor

Wow september...you have had your share. I feel for you... I went through about 10 years of caring for both parents and another family member it wears on you. You take care of yourself...do not want you to get sick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@september  it sounds life your life has been  difficult. I'm glad your granddaughters are thriving.  They must be a great source of joy  for you

I'm sorry about your husband. My mother had that despicable disease, and I know how terrible it is

You must be a very busy lady, trying to juggle everything. God bless you

Thank you!  Yes, I check Instagram daily for new photos and videos of my little twins.  They don't live near me, and they don't live near my mom...but family members are showing her their updates every day, and they give her a smile.  

Honored Contributor

@croemer   I remember some of the tough times you went through.  Hope you're having an easier time now.  

I dont want this thread to be just about me.     Hope others can check in!