Contributor

Update on "Be careful when sending returns"....

Just an update on the mysterious disappearance of an expensive piece of jewelry between my handing it over to UPS and Evine's Kentucky warehouse...

I wrote a letter to the CEO of Evine, not expecting to hear from them but I did.

Recieved a call from Customer Service, telling me what I already knew...

There was nothing they could do since the package was not insured.

Also, reprotedly, I was told that there was no sign of tampering with the box when it arrived at the warehouse but I will keep my opinion to myself and I stand by it, as to what happened after it arrived.

I am still checking with UPS and my credit card company to see if anything can be done about it, but once again, probably not.

Lesson learned and after 20 plus years of no issues with returns, Evine and I will part ways.

Respected Contributor

Re: Update on "Be careful when sending returns"....

Live and learn.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what you can do at this point...

Esteemed Contributor

Because jewelry is usually small, requiring a small package - in the event someone did open your package and remove the item - it would seem as tho the package would have to be complete re-wrapped.  It would be interesting if you could see the wrapping when it arrived at its destination.  (this is assuming it was tampered with inroute back to QVC.)  Tampering didn't have to occur at QVC but on its travel.

Couple years ago I ordered expensive bottle of Dr. Perricone - not from QVC - and it arrived empty!  Either there was a goof in the filling of the bottle - or - before shipment somebody poured the contents out to another container.  There wasn't a thing I could do - to prove or not prove.   We take our chances in everything.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like you've done all you can at this point. As a long time customer I think they could have at least given you a partial credit. 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Because jewelry is usually small, requiring a small package - in the event someone did open your package and remove the item - it would seem as tho the package would have to be complete re-wrapped.  It would be interesting if you could see the wrapping when it arrived at its destination.  (this is assuming it was tampered with inroute back to QVC.)  Tampering didn't have to occur at QVC but on its travel.

Couple years ago I ordered expensive bottle of Dr. Perricone - not from QVC - and it arrived empty!  Either there was a goof in the filling of the bottle - or - before shipment somebody poured the contents out to another container.  There wasn't a thing I could do - to prove or not prove.   We take our chances in everything.

I think it was an Evine purchase, not QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

OP said that this was a return to EVINE, not QVC, but I think this kind of got lost in the discussion 

@fthunt wrote:

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

If people would use a larger font - we, out here, would 'hear' you better.

Esteemed Contributor

I am very sorry this happened to you.  Hopefully, your credit card company can intervene.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry about your experience with Evine....hopefully your credit card can get the situation resolved....

I've never had a problem with QVC regarding returns and I've had quite a lot lately in the last couple of years....I use the post office and go to the USPS website where you can schedule them to pickup a package with a prepaid return label and I select for them to pickup the package by my front door there are other options available for where they can pick up the package too (now I know my neighbors well and have lived here for a while---and with the landscaping and steps the package is not visible from the sidewalk or neighbor's property)......you get a return email with tracking number......And I always request a return confirmation from QVC too....I have been lucky never to have had a problem using this method.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”