Honored Contributor

My wife is doing pretty well after her surgery. Unfortunately the surgeon was not able to eliminate her intestinal problem using a scope. He had to reopen a 9" incision she had from a previous surgery to be able to fix this problem.

I don't know the medical term for the problem, but her small intestine had 2 knots twisted in it, thus the surgeon could not finish after he saw the extent of the problem via the scope. The surgery went without any issues so I was very happy to hear that good news.

She is still in the hospital and I am not sure of her release date. The doctor wants to make 100% sure that the flow is unobstructed and stays that way for a few days post surgery. She has been up and walking and we have walked up to 6 minutes during one of the trips.

Her Iron and Ferritin levels were very low so they were giving her an Iron Infusion when I left the hospital. Those take anywhere from 6-9 hours depending on several factors. She was on just ice cubes for the first 3 days and Sunday she was able to drink some water in sips. Today she is on a "very-soft food diet" to see how her systems handles those types of things.

Don't want to make this too long, really! :-) so I will end saying thank you to everyone for their kindnesses/concern/prayers and thoughts sent to my wife and to myself. These types of things fall into a category that my brain never releases, thus I will remember them always.

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Glad to hear your wife is improving, John. Hope she's able to come home soon.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update, John! It sounds like good news Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Very good news! We are sending our wishes for a complete and quick recovery!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Sounds like good news...wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Honored Contributor

Very good to read that her discomfort has been eased and that her post-op condition is improving. Hope she is home soon, and that you can get some well-deserved rest.

Super Contributor

Glad your wife is on her way to recovery...take care of yourself too!

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Oh, it is so nice to get a wonderful update!

Take care of yourselves, John and Cindy.

Respected Contributor

John, thank you for the update! We've all been so concerned. It sounds like she is recovering, be it a long one. Good thoughts and best wishes to you both!

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor
Glad to read this update, as it sounds like she is doing as well as one could hope with this situation. Continued best wishes.