Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming Baby Shower Question on Tipping

@Laura14Thanks for this info.  I'm about to start planning for a party - something I haven't done for years and years.  I like knowing the possibilities before I start!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  A good event person will walk you through everything you need to know but that's the basics when it comes to appreciating those who will work your event.  Normally, the company has them covered for you and if you want to give a little something you can but it's certainly not expected when you're already paying literally for everything else.   Good Luck with your party!  

Honored Contributor

My sister and I hosted a bridal shower and had it in a private room and we had to use the chef from that venue.  The tip was included.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You must have a contract with the caterer.  So, the gratuities are stipulated in the contract.  They always are.  With the exception of the bartender, that's separate.  Guests either tip at the bar when they order their drinks or you can add the tip when the bar bill is tallied. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. We did not have to sign a contract but paid up front in full for the room. No open bar. We will just make sure to have extra money if it is not already included in the package. Can't wait, it's going to be fun.

Respected Contributor

luvdoodles, I would just give them a call. Easier to know up front. 

ps. I love doodles too, and am looking for one!

Respected Contributor

I am going to call on Friday to find out. Our doodle is awesome. His mother had a litter late this Spring but they were all sold. We have a friend looking for one too. She won't be having another litter till next Fall. Where do live. This breeder is in Taunton, MA. Happy Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

Hi doodles, We are in Santa Barbara Ca. There are breeders up north of here a few hours. But you have to reserve sight unseen and that makes me nervous.

I have always gone to see a ltter and then been able to get a feel for the puppies and how I bond with certain ones.

Several people here in town have gone east to get theirs. Is yours a large one or smaller. We are thinking maybe one that is on the small side would be better for us. We have a lot of land and gardens for doggies to romp, but live on a steep hill. Walking big dogs is no longer an option with our creeky old bones.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bentley is a larger dog. That picture I posted was when he was just a few months old. He is not even 2 yet and weighs 85 lbs. He is a big boy but a big teddy bear. We have a large fenced in back yard and has plenty of room to run around. I will try to post more pics but for some reason it's not working right now. Another bonus is that golden doodles don't shed. I hope you find the perfect doodle for you. Let me know ok.

BTW I would never reserve a pup sight unseen. You need see how he/she reacts with you. I would not go that route.

Respected Contributor

We have had many breeds over the years. When we had our huskies I all of a sudden developed a severe allergy. So the huskies went from sleeping in our bed to next to it, to in the next room, to the patio. They lived to ripe old age and then we then got Bichons. Our last one died three years ago. she was 18. 

I go crazy for the big doodles, but have to be somewhat realistic. Maybe small to midsize.  We have put looking on hold until after the holidays. It takes focus and trying to do all the seasonal stuff takes too much time and attention.

My apologies to the OP. I didn't mean to hijack. I am curious, let me know what you find out on monday.