Honored Contributor

Re: Unsolved Crimes

[ Edited ]

Someone needs to help me remember this little boy's name, which is unusual and starts with a "K".   But it happened a few years ago. His stepmother dropped him off at school (she says) with a science experiement he was taking to school that day for a science fair, she says she left, and he was never seen again.   He was about 7 yrs. old, cute little boy with eyeglasses.

The  boy's father has since divorced the stepmother and the suspicion has been on her for a long time as the last person to have seen him. If memory serves me right, there are also inconsistencies in her story.    I wish I could remember that little boy's name.  Stories are run every now and then about him still being missing.

Oh, here it is-- Kyron Horman.

http://jimfishertruecrime.blogspot.com/2014/02/did-terri-horman-murder-her-stepson.html

Newspaper's timeline of the case:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/05/kyron_horman_timeline_of_event.html

Esteemed Contributor

I'm reading "Fatal Vows" by Joseph Hosey.  It is about Drew Peterson ex-Bolingbrook cop. He's in prison for the murder of his third wife and just sentanced for trying to have the DA murdered.  His fourth wife Stacy is missing nearly 9 years now

I live in the next town over. Every time we are out I'm looking at empty fields wondering if the blue barrel is out there.  I belonged to the Wine Styles that he and Stacy belonged to, I shop at the same Meijer that they did.

Last night I read a chapter that includes unsolved murders in this area.  I remember quite a few of them. Amazing how many there are around here.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I'm in MN so for me it's Jacob Wetterling.

@Jacie I always found this case so sad.

Honored Contributor

Wetterling's disappearance was tentively tied to a child p**n suspect in 2015.

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

Wetterling's disappearance was tentively tied to a child p**n suspect in 2015.

Yes, but they cannot find anything to prove it. So it remains unsolved.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

The Phantom Killer.......in Texarkana, Texas... They made a movie about it called "The Town that dreaded Sundown". I think he killed 5 people.

Some Law enforcement people thought that it could have been the early work of the Zodiac killer....

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I'm in MN so for me it's Jacob Wetterling.

@Jacie I always found this case so sad.

@proudlyfromNJ

It is sad. I have always admired Patty Wetterling for all she has contributed since this horrific abduction!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Re: Unsolved Crimes

[ Edited ]

The Vanishing Women is a current one I've been watching on ID. 

Brown/Goldman case has never been closed.

Natalie Wood...not sure if it's open but I wonder about this case.

I stand corrected...Natalie's case was ruled accidental drowning, but that doesn't change my view of the case.

Honored Contributor

I don't recall where I saw it on the internet, but I've read that somewhere around 35% of all murders go unsolved.  I thought that was very high .....  and probably totally unacceptable to the producers of Law and Order.  (that was a joke).

Esteemed Contributor

Natalie Wood's drowning was reclassified from "Accidental Drowning" to "Drowing and Other Undetermined Factors".  Davern, the Capt of the yacht, came forward a few years ago and admitted he lied originally (Robert Wagner threatened the people on-board the yacht). He changed his story. Of course Robert Wagner is GUILTY!!!!