Trusted Contributor

Re: US Figure Skating Nationals

I have followed skating since I was a child.  Also skated until I graduated high school and still enjoy it.  Nationals were really great this year.  I used to go to Nationals occasionally (to watch) up until a few years ago.  Ice dancing was especially good - wasn't expecting that since White and Davis left.  Very impressed with the Shibutani brother and sister team and was glad they won.  I have never seen a lift like that before!  Liked the team that won pairs.  Wanted Polina to win as I've never cared for Ashley or Gracie.  Even tho I like Max, I was happy to see Adam win as he has never won the gold and he was the oldest one.  How great was Nathan Chen!  1st ever to land 4 quads.  He's one to keep an eye on in the near future.

As good as the men were no one is going to beat that kid from Japan at Worlds.  He's perfection. 

I do still miss some of the old skaters.  My all time favorite male skater is still Alexi Yagudin.  Too many to name.  Even miss Plesenko despite the fact that he's a jerk - lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Adam was great....very fluid and yet, artistic!  I can get very enthralled in the men's events and pairs' dancing!  Lately, the ladies' events never seem to be as dazzling.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the Ladies Finale. I use to eat and breathe ice skating and could tell you who what when & where they placed, etc.  I haven't really watched it in the past several years and didn't even recognize any of the names.  It was nice to reconnect with the sport that I used to love.  Ice Dancing has always been my favorite!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown