Esteemed Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Vandalized Jewish Cemetary

There is an old Jewish cemetery in east LA  I believe some relatives are buried there

In northern Minnesota My brother is buried. It was an old shul that hat the property. Don't if it is still around. I think about it when I see flags being placed on graves for he was in the Korean War.

Honored Contributor

Cherry Hill Jewish center is evacuated

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Cherry-Hill-Jewish-center-is-evacuated.html?mobi=true

Nearly 60 Jewish centers in 24 states have been evacuated since Jan. 20, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

On Sunday, police found 75 to 100 headstones had been toppled at a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Noel7,  Your news is wonderful and the best part is the people coming together.  God Bless.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Cherry Hill Jewish center is evacuated

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Cherry-Hill-Jewish-center-is-evacuated.html?mobi=true

Nearly 60 Jewish centers in 24 states have been evacuated since Jan. 20, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

On Sunday, police found 75 to 100 headstones had been toppled at a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia.

😥 😥 😥

Honored Contributor

Jewish schools in the Washington area have received bomb threats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/jewish-schools-in-the-washington-region-receive-bomb-...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

It is Beyond my comprehension how anyone could ever, ever, ever vandalize a cemetery. I Can't even stand to see a piece of wayward trash on someone's grave. 😡  When I walk the cemetery, I feel as though I am related to and responsible for everybody.  

When I go to a cemetery, I always try to not get a foot on any grave. 

@ShowMe

I thought that I only did that!

I try not to step on graves either.

I also like to try and find the oldest graves, and of course, that saddest ones are for the little babies.

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

There is an old Jewish cemetery in east LA  I believe some relatives are buried there

In northern Minnesota My brother is buried. It was an old shul that hat the property. Don't if it is still around. I think about it when I see flags being placed on graves for he was in the Korean War.

Yes, there is an old jewish cemetary in East L.A..  For years it has been repeatedly vandilized.  It's been there since the 1800's when the town was just coming together and the jewish business people had land holdings there. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust