Regular Contributor

All my tests were fine.  I had MRI, CAT SCAN, Sleep Apnea (which I do have) and also had an EKG and bloodwork to see if I had something wrong with my heart.  IT was determined by my Doctor that I do not have a sinus infection or anything else that is causing this problem.  I could possibly be getting the headaches from the sleep apnea so hopefully when I start using a CPAP I will see some change.

I feel part of the headaches were because of the stress of worrying about them. But they for sure were real.  I currently have been having some feeling of pressure in my chest and it goes along with some sweating and just major awful feeling.  No pain and it doesnt get worse with movement etc.  This is the reason I had an EKG and some blood work but nothing seems to be wrong with my heart.

I am glad I do not have anything wrong -that is a relief- yet I am left feeling almost the same as I have been for a month and now I am not getting any treatment for this.  I leave for vacation early tomorrow morning and I hope I begin to feel better so I can enjoy myself.  Dr said I seem fine to go and relax.  She is having me see a neurologist and get a stress test when I get back.  I also need to see the sleep dr since I did not have a consult before my study.

I have a question though; it seems like maybe this feeling of pressure I get may be some strange kind of hot flash?  I don't know.  I have checked my blood pressure and my sugar during these episodes and everything seems to be fine.  

Anyway, thanks for reading and all your support as I was going through this.

Esteemed Contributor

Could it be ur teeth - have u asked your dentist???

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe when you get your c pap machine you will rest and feel better.

My husband & son felt immediately better and rested the next day after using theirs!

Honored Contributor

I get headaches often, waking up with one quite frequently. I went to my PCP on Tuesday and told him about the headaches. He suggested I get my eyes examined as it could be eye strain. I made an appointment for the beginning of August.

Trusted Contributor

@dennylilly ,

Good for you for getting an answer from your sleep study. Untreated sleep apnea many times causes headaches, and may lead to pulmonary hypertension. Try out your C Pap for a month and then let us know how you are feeling.

Best wishes on the road to health,

dee

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I get headaches often, waking up with one quite frequently. I went to my PCP on Tuesday and told him about the headaches. He suggested I get my eyes examined as it could be eye strain. I made an appointment for the beginning of August.

I had my annual eye exam during this time also and everything is fine there too.  I am so thankful i am not having any serious illness but am frustrated because I have never been sick like this in my life.  I headache everyday and these other symptoms that have since developed are still kind of scary and I don't feel well.  Either way, apparently I was given an anxiety drug for my CAT scan and I am having some side effects from that.  Hopefully some of what I am experiencing will dissappear by tomorrow.  Dr said it can take 48 hours. which would be tomorrow.  I have very strong sensitivity to some medications.

Respected Contributor

Have they checked your cervical spine (neck)?

Respected Contributor

Anxiety can cause all  those symptoms.  When I had severe anxiety it felt like I had a softball stuck in my chest.  Couldn't breathe and it hurt.  It also causes stress headaches.  The only thing that cured me was an antidepressant that also fixed my anxiety.

Trusted Contributor

Very rarely do they find a reason for headaches. I've had several kinds, migraine, tension, etc. all my life and been to neurologists all over. I hope yours end and encourage you to keep a log of them, it will be good for future appointments. Wishing you the best of luck.

Valued Contributor

That's a relief to know.  I will give you some advise about CPAP machine.  When I first got mine, probably 5 or more years, it took a while to get used to.  I use a full mask, tried the nose one and felt so claustrophobic it was unreal. But give it time.  Don't give up on it.  I find when I don't use mine I'm very tired and drowsy the next day.  

You'll need to work your  way up to using it through the night.  . You'll probably wake up a few times during the night at first and want to rip it off your face, keep on on for at least 4 hours.  Some insurance companies require you to submit proof to them that the machine is being utilized for at least that long per night or they'll not pay for it.   

Mine goes everywhere with me.  I pack it  in my suitcase; don't bother carrying it on.  

It's been a godsend because of the snoring that went on.  DH always knows when I don't use it.  

Good luck to you. Glad you have some closure about your situation.

Helen852