Respected Contributor

Two teens charged with starting Tennessee fire

I certainly hope they get charged as adults, not minors - killing 14 people and millions of dollars in damage - where on earth are these kids' parents? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Two teens charged with starting Tennessee fire

What were they thinking to do such an evil act?

Honored Contributor

I just heard that.  I hope they get charged as adults, too.  I live in East TN and could smell the fires from my home.  I'm about an hour away from Gatlinburg.  These fires have just been devastating.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I certainly hope they get charged as adults, not minors - killing 14 people and millions of dollars in damage - where on earth are these kids' parents? 

Even the best parents can have kids that do dumb things.  I would not be so quick to blame the parents.  That being said, this is a very sad situation for everyone, the kids included.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Where were the parents?  I would think they get charge with not keeping an eye on their children/minors.  Get em all involved with charges and maybe it would set an example for many other to keep a tighter watch on their offspring. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I wonder how they caught them.  Even a teenager should know better than to start a fire.  Kids just have too much time on their hands.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I wonder how they caught them.  Even a teenager should know better than to start a fire.  Kids just have too much time on their hands.

@2blonde - kids like this brag about their feats - hopefully someone they bragged to turned them in.  And I agree - they have too much tiime on their hands.  Heaven forbid they do something good with their time. 

Honored Contributor

How old were they?

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

How old were they?

@cherry - I said teens, but they actually said juveniles - not sure - they're not saying much since they are juveniles.  Just a shame so many people lost their lives and so many people lost their homes from kids making foolish decisions.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if it was with purpose or by carelessness.  Either way, same end result.  

If it was purposeful I would want a harsher punishment, but carelessness is something that I cannot stand so that would still be punishable, in my world anyway.

If it was some kind of freak accident, that's another thing entirely.