Honored Contributor

Re: Turning 65 this month, but today (1st) I am officially on Medicare.

Happy Birthday! 

Valued Contributor

Well, thanks for the birthday greetings, but my birthday is the 25th!Woman Happy  I'll take them all month though!

Honored Contributor

Once I figured out what plan to go with, it was a relief. I thought I was a well educated person

with better than average reading comprehension, till I started  pouring over insurance plans.

It was a stressful time.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I will be so happy to turn 65 and to go on Medicare.  I've got 14 months to go.  Then I want my age frozen😏

Trusted Contributor

I got my medicare on November 1, and I was paying over $1000.00 a month, so I was happy too.

Valued Contributor

CONGRATS and HaPpY bIrThDaY!

Valued Contributor

Happy Happy Birthday !!  I am 67 and so far enjoying my Chapter Two experience ...  Hope the same for you !!  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pianomama wrote:

Perhaps that is ONE good thing about getting older, but what has been your experience?  I do have a Medicare Advantage plan.  I am terribly glad I won't be paying the 350 dollars a month for health insurance anymore.

@Pianomama wrote:

Perhaps that is ONE good thing about getting older, but what has been your experience?  I do have a Medicare Advantage plan.  I am terribly glad I won't be paying the 350 dollars a month for health insurance anymore.

What is Medicare Advantage?  How is it different from Medicare?  I am the opposite of you---after not paying for insurance for three years, now with Medicare approaching I understand I will have to pay lots! And some doctors don't take it. Sigh.

Respected Contributor

That was my situation in December.  It felt weird giving my Doctors office my medicare card.  I felt really old.  I remember when I was on the other side of the window.

Esteemed Contributor

I turned 65 four years ago and find Medicare easy to deal with. It was a great surprise. My supplemental insurance is from my previous employer, for whom I worked over 30 years before retirement. That insurance stunk before I was 65 and they still do. I really should look elsewhere but since Medicare is good, I don't have to fight for coverage the way I did before I was 65.