Respected Contributor

Re: Try to tell me this wouldn't concern you.

[ Edited ]

LOL No you don't worry about it! LOL It was funny because all of us that responded thought you were trying to see if it would concern us. We didn't see what should be the concern! LOL LOL Just keep posting anything you want that you think is funny we all enjoy the post.

Frequent Contributor

A place for Mom is a home, assisted living, etc. when Mom needs extra care.

Super Contributor

@sissy2 -- I understood your post, including the LBI. Don't worry, you're fine. Sometimes it happens.

Once I wanted to go east on a highway and I was driving for a good five miles at least, before I discovered I was in the westbound lane! And I was in my early 20's. 😊
Super Contributor

Oh, and I had driven that highway a million times.
Honored Contributor

I also got "the place for mom thing", Lilac.  It came up when we were looking for a place to put my Dad. You did lose me at the initials, however!  Once I assigned a number to each girl things got better....well a little better. I never was good at story problems. Popeye the sailor man (remember him?) went back to school at an old age and when asked to figure out how to divide (equally) 2 apples between 21 kids (or something like that) his answer was....."thats easy, you just make applesauce"!  That is exactly how I approach all story problems.  Just eat your spinach and you'll be fine!

Super Contributor

I think your little blip was nothing more than that!   I am older and forget things too.  I really think you would have remembered it without being reminded.

I have 13 Great Grandchilren to buy for.  I go to the store armed with sizes, etc.  and cross off their names as I shop.  And believe me it is easy to buy 2 outfits for one and none for another, so I double check everything again when I get home.

This year for the first time the older ones are getting gift cards.

As far as your E-mails from 'Home for Mom', I think there is a way to block e-mails, otherwise, I would just delete them.  After  my Husband passed away, the mortuary kept calling me to make my own arrangements, etc.   I finally told them if they ever contacted me again they would not have to worry about my arrangements.  They have never called again.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Candyapple wrote:
@sissy2 -- I understood your post, including the LBI. Don't worry, you're fine. Sometimes it happens.

Once I wanted to go east on a highway and I was driving for a good five miles at least, before I discovered I was in the westbound lane! And I was in my early 20's. 😊

I did the same thing at 12 yrs old. I was at a roller rink,roller skateing when I got a tooth ache and had to leave my friends.

I got on the right bus ,only it was going in the opposite direction. I went for a few miles before I got off. I found a drug store and called my dad to come get me.He was a UPS driver and knew everywhere on earth!!!  It was  the beginning of a blizzard too.....lol  I had on my teddy bear coat. I will never forget that day. It lives on in  "Infamy" in my mind

So we do not have to be old to make mistakes.......lol

BTW I am still tempted to go in oppisite directions........lol

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why would something like this concern anybody? We all have our "brain fart" moments, no matter how old we are. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm from New Jersey, so I totally got the LBI reference!! 

We all have moments of "brain freezes," so I wouldn't rush to find a room at "A Place for Mom."  I frequently walk into a room to get something, only to forget what I wanted to retrieve; go on the web to research something, then forget what I wanted to look up; get into the car to drive somewhere, then have to stop and think where I'm going/what direction. 

People get busy, distracted, etc.  And this time of year can get especially mind-boggling.  I can see getting confused over what gift you bought for whom. 

Honored Contributor

@Lorelei1123 wrote:

I'm from New Jersey, so I totally got the LBI reference!! 

We all have moments of "brain freezes," so I wouldn't rush to find a room at "A Place for Mom."  I frequently walk into a room to get something, only to forget what I wanted to retrieve; go on the web to research something, then forget what I wanted to look up; get into the car to drive somewhere, then have to stop and think where I'm going/what direction. 

People get busy, distracted, etc.  And this time of year can get especially mind-boggling.  I can see getting confused over what gift you bought for whom. 

@Lorelei1123

Thanks for your support, fellow Jersey girl!  Most agreed I have nothing to worry about.  Fortunately, I have just one more gift coming in and one more to buy and I'm done!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986