Esteemed Contributor

Re: Try to tell me this wouldn't concern you.

That has to be the funniest post I have read in a long time. No posting while drunk.
Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I'm sorry and maybe it's just because I've been home sick and I'm really tired from lack of sleep and all the coughing but this reminds me of a high school math question,

"If Car A is going 50 mph in a 35 mph zone and Car B is going 78 in a 65 mph zone and a delivery truck is stopped at a light with both Car A and Car B and they all left their destination at 3:45 p.m. and have travelled 10 miles, how fast was the delivery truck travelling?"

At first I thought you were homesick;  then I realized you were home sick!  Feel better!  Get some rest.

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree

I understood your post and I know what LBI is.   We all get a little overwhelmed this time of year. 

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Respected Contributor

Trust me I know how you feel. I can just about do my own shopping. No one asks me to help them thankfully. This time of year busy and at times confusing. I used to worry about my selections. Not any more. There was a time I liked to shop. An American girl doll pjs done. Sometimes my mind is dazed and confused. We will be OK! Now back to ordering on line. Tomorrow to the mall with husband. I will be tired for sure.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree

Oh yeah....A Place for Mom.....Joan Lunden's add on tv....I've seen it many times....

And PS, it wouldn't concern me!

Esteemed Contributor

The truck wasn't travelling at all.  He was stopped at a light, right??

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
a) Yes, I understood the post; b) no, I wouldn't be overly concerned; c) I get regular solicitations from the local cemetery so "A Place for Mom" doesn't seem all that intimidating . . .
Do the math.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Lilac Tree, I understood your post all right.  To answer the question in your original post, it wouldn't concern me.

When I am doing an errand for somebody else, I often don't pay close attention to the details and could make a mistake like that.  I think it's normal. 

My bank made a mistake and sent 3000+ dollars TWICE to my windstorm insurer from my escrow, wiping out my escrow account and failing to pay my hazard insurance to a different company.  They sent $6000+ to one of the companies and nothing at all to the other. 

Because the bank was talking around the fact that they had made a huge error, they spoke to me in parables and I was puzzled. It was on me to call everyone involved, wait for a refund check from the overpaid bank, and then give it to . . . I wasn't sure.  The insurance company for my hazard insurance?  My mortgager for my escrow? 

When the refund check arrived after a month or so, I had to call for further instructions. All I remembered about the original conversation is that it was highly elliptical and annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@straykatz wrote:

what does LBI mean?

@straykatz

I have four daughters and it's hard to define which one I am talking about.  So I say, "oldest," "youngest," "the one who lives with me," and I call my third daughter my "LBI daughter" because she lives on Long Beach Island, a barrier island off the Jersey shore which we all refer to as "LBI" in this area.

@LilacTree  funny I thought you ment LBI.......lol... my fav place

and..... Joan L's  mom has had  altimers for many years  (please excuse my spelling , another old gal here)

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@LilacTree,

I certainly don't think you're ready for the home yet!

In all honesty tho, the incident you referred to reminds me of something I would absolutely go thru with my mother.   This was the year for hearing aids for my mom; totally her decision, but based on her hearing part of a phone conversation, and assuming the part she didn't hear.   What mom told me wasn't anywhere close to what was said to her, and she was quite embarrassed.   

The hearing aids aids have definitely helped, but mom continues to tell me she doesn't "hear" everything.   Mom does "physically" hear everything that is said to her, but she does not focus her thoughts to "mentally" hear everything.  Whenever mom is in a situation where something of importance is about to be said, I remind her to "focus", and often ask her to repeat what she heard.   The things she repeats back to me are never the things that slip her memory.   Apparently I am now giving my mom "a look", that she recognizes as my reminder to "focus", as she has started saying "I know, focus Mom, focus!"

In fairness to your mother, @RedTop, having hearing aids does not restore hearing totally no matter how hard one tries to focus in.