Honored Contributor

Re: Try to tell me this wouldn't concern you.

I mentioned before you must be tired after having four girls so just chalk it up to that.  Kick off your shoes have some eggnog and look at the Christmas lights on your tree.   These special holiday moments will be over in a couple of weeks so enjoy. Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I am totally confused by your post! ..... who is the annoying saleswoman from "A place for moms to call" & what does she have to do with you ordering 

@January121

She doesn't have anything to do with my story, which is confusing for sure.  As you can see, I was totally confused myself!

I am just wondering if I am nearing readiness for assisted living or something.  She got my name from somewhere and is always sending me emails offering to "assist" me.  A Place for Mom places women (and men I presume) in those old people places.  I had no idea they actually solicited old folks.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Understood the OP and no, it's not time to seek outside help for yourself. A momentary lapse in memory.....we all have those. 

That voice in the commercial is annoying, isn't it? 

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@straykatz wrote:

what does LBI mean?

Wondering also......i am sure there are others like myself who don't understand half the abbreviations that are used in the postings....i do wish people would type the whole proper names.......................

@kelsey17

I agree.  I would love to just write the full names of my children and grandchildren, but that is frowned upon here, just as posting photos is.  So I agree it makes for confusion.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Forgeting one piece of info about who is getting what gift from whom does not make you ready for assisted living.  Unless you are saying that tongue in cheek, I think you need to look up exactly what assisted living is.  You'll see that this one incident does not make you qualilfied.  

You are good there.  However,your writing skills . . .  wellllll.  Smiley Very Happy

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree I totally understand your post even though I do not live on the east coast! (Is that scary or what!) It's easy this time of year to get the details of your daughter's request mixed up. As long as you know who you are and what year it is, all is well! Enjoy your holiday; you have time before needing A Place for Mom...

Honored Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

Understood the OP and no, it's not time to seek outside help for yourself. A momentary lapse in memory.....we all have those. 

@kdgn

Yes  . . .  and I never can understand why someone like Joan Lunden would place her mom somewhere.  Surely she must have enough money to keep her mom at home.

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

No, please don't reveal real names but assign them letters (1-4) 04 letters (a-d) and granddaughter as gd.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

@kdgn

Yes  . . .  and I never can understand why someone like Joan Lunden would place her mom somewhere.  Surely she must have enough money to keep her mom at home.

@LilacTree

Not that I agree of disagree with Joan Lunden's decision but she certain;y has her own helath issues to deal with.  She has Cancer.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

The post is very confusing and your use of terms that only mean something to you doesn't help readers. It sounds like you forgot some details about who you ordered something for and then got reminded. But if you can keep all those name designators straight in your head and know who is who, I'm sure your mind is fine.

Honestly, if your adult daughter could have been bothered to make her own account, something that takes maybe 2 minutes, you wouldn't have had to worry about it in the first place.