Honored Contributor

Try to tell me this wouldn't concern you.

My LBI granddaughter expressed a desire to get Josie Maran's face cream for Christmas.  I had given my LBI daughter a couple of mine and she loved it, so she wouldn't let her girls use it.

So my daughter with whom I live (E) asked me to order it for her to give to C as she doesn't have an account with the Q.  So I order it for her.  It comes in and I think, "oh no, now I have two gifts for C and only one gift for J (my LBI daughter's other daughter).  I text LBI daughter immediately and ask if she wants to give C the face cream or should I get another gift for J?  She writes back, "mom, that's for E (the daughter with whom I live) to give to C, not you." Then I remember why I ordered it.  This was a span of several days, not a momentary thing. 

Should I give the annoying saleswoman from "A Place for Mom" a call?  I just send her an email yesterday that I wasn't ready yet.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: Try to tell me this wouldn't concern you.

what does LBI mean?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm soooooo confused............

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

what does LBI mean?

@straykatz

I have four daughters and it's hard to define which one I am talking about.  So I say, "oldest," "youngest," "the one who lives with me," and I call my third daughter my "LBI daughter" because she lives on Long Beach Island, a barrier island off the Jersey shore which we all refer to as "LBI" in this area.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

what does LBI mean?

Wondering also......i am sure there are others like myself who don't understand half the abbreviations that are used in the postings....i do wish people would type the whole proper names.......................

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I'm soooooo confused............

@pattypeep

I'm sorry.

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

I am totally confused by your post! ..... who is the annoying saleswoman from "A place for moms to call" & what does she have to do with you ordering 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry and maybe it's just because I've been home sick and I'm really tired from lack of sleep and all the coughing but this reminds me of a high school math question,

"If Car A is going 50 mph in a 35 mph zone and Car B is going 78 in a 65 mph zone and a delivery truck is stopped at a light with both Car A and Car B and they all left their destination at 3:45 p.m. and have travelled 10 miles, how fast was the delivery truck travelling?"

Honored Contributor

LOL i had to read that post several times before i even  partially understood it. i am not sure what "a place for mom" means in the equation.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

This must be one of those typing while drunk posts. Totally dazed and confused.