Honored Contributor

Hater is a popular term on this board.

I real life I've never personally had an encounter with a hater.

Respected Contributor

The definition of friend changed and at that point it doesn't matter anymore.

Super Contributor

That's not the current popular definition of the word. From urban dictionary (complete with its own typos):

A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person. Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch.

Respected Contributor

Shake it off, shake it off.... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

-Kalli

Honored Contributor

I agree that there has to be a reason. However, it could be real or imagined. Maybe someone heard something from someone else and just accepted that it was true. If they did this and did not give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the opportunity to clear this up, then the friendship was not that true.

Some times people are pretty good at playing games. A friend you thought was real, was not and had ulterior motives. Maybe there was something you have in your life that they valued, maybe other friends they wanted to get in with or contacts you had. Maybe they were at a vulnerable or lonely time and you were there and were very supportive and did a lot for them. After that situation changed, they no longer needed you. Some people move from "friend" to "friend" taking what they can and then moving on. If its a real friendship, then, no.

Of course, some friendships aren't that deep and they just run their course.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
On 1/21/2015 lulu2 said:

Hater is a popular term on this board.

I real life I've never personally had an encounter with a hater.

I agree with you.

It's an overly dramatic, over used word, IMO.