Super Contributor

Watching on CNN.............crazy how many innocent people are in prison and have been in prison and when they have the truth they still try and keep them in prison.............breaks my heart........what is wrong with this system?

Super Contributor

14 months go by..............if you are watching CNN now about Deathrow inmates that are innocent............when you prove you are innocent they try and not re-try the case because it can show the crimes of the officials.

Occasional Contributor

I am watching that show, too. So sad all those years he lost.

Super Contributor

This poor man stayed 30 years in prison..............Mr. Elmore...............been in 11,000 days..............horrible that innocent people are in prison.

Super Contributor

This breaks my heart.............what a brave man and he was so kind..........I pray that the rest of his life is perfect...........Our Father says I WILL RESTORE WHAT THE LOCUSTS HAVE EATEN..........Joel 2:25

Super Contributor

This breaks my heart.............what a brave man and he was so kind..........I pray that the rest of his life is perfect...........Our Father says I WILL RESTORE WHAT THE LOCUSTS HAVE EATEN..........Joel 2:25

Super Contributor
On 3/22/2014 Eden Harrison said:

I am watching that show, too. So sad all those years he lost.

I love the quote you have at the bottom of your posts. I am going to use that on my son. lol Blessings to you. I tell you.........my heart hurts after seeing this.........

Esteemed Contributor

I have not seen the program you are referring to, but I am aware of the fact that innocence projects around the country have exonerated over 1,000 wrongly-convicted people.

And yes...it is extremely sad that the process of overturning a conviction--when proof of innocence is present--is so difficult. No one wants to admit any wrongdoing, and that is what makes the process so drawn-out.

Given the right circumstances, anyone could be convicted and given a death sentence. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, if you are the "wrong" ethnicity or gender, if you are identified by an eye-witness who is wrong...you could find yourself in a situation where you don't stand a chance.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

I totally agree and it is scary..........

Valued Contributor
One of my niece's is currently in law school, and is working on the Innocent Project. I am very proud of her.