Frequent Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I know a young lady that had twin preemies and named them Faith and Hope. Sadly , they are a year old and not doing well, many, many problems.Very sad.

Those are beautiful names. I know a family with three daughters -  Faith, Hope, and Joy.  I' m sad for the twins and their parents and other relatives. It must be terrible for all of them.

Regular Contributor

They could always name their 2nd kid Palomino, so the first one wouldn't be the only horse, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I know someone who named a son Dace.  I think that's a fish.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Trendy Baby Names

[ Edited ]

My great grandmother 5 times removed was names Honor and my great grandmother 4 times removed was named Thankful. They were apparently old Puritan New England names. I really like the name Honor. 

Honored Contributor

I know someone who named their son after an automobile brand.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Re: Trendy Baby Names

[ Edited ]

Hello, ShadyOasis and welcome. Smiley Happy

Horses are known for being strong, noble, elegant, tall and they're also known for having flowing manes that shine beautifully.

Horses are quite beautiful. To be named after a horse isn't a bad thing.

A Friesian is a breed of horse. Below is a picture of Frederick the Great.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CvkVXRqCr2M/TM-PO0DRHtI/AAAAAAAAAGM/rv7LDbcP4vA/s1600/fred6.JPG

Tall, strong, bold. Imagine a child being named after a powerful, tall stallion.

-----------------------

A Gypsy Vanner is a breed of horse. Below is a picture of a Gypsy Vanner.

Elegant, fancy, pretty. Imagine naming a child after a lovely horse.

Kids are mean, anyway, so trying to come up with a "bully-proof" name won't matter and probably won't work.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I still love Karen for a girl. That's goes way back to when I had dolls. It'll always be Karen, as a favorite. No one in the family ever was a Karen.

Honored Contributor

Another thing, my name is in a popular old movie, my sister's is a former first lady. Wonder if your real name is in some movie? or as above?

Honored Contributor

Naming babies after Greek mythology people seems to be popular here. (Zeus, Athena etc.)

Some are really strange.

Honored Contributor

@nrm wrote:

My great grandmother 5 times removed was names Honor and my great grandmother 4 times removed was named Thanful. They were apparently old Puritan New England names. I really like the name Honor. 

My Irish great grandmother was Honora.