Trusted Contributor

Pittsburgh synagogue shooter who killed 11 worshippers and wounded six others sentenced to death.

Honored Contributor

My cousin was one of the ones killed, such a sweet guy he was, never hurt a soul, so hoping this will give his immediate family some type of solace. Been a long and rough almost 5 years. He left behind an infant grandson who will never know him. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle I'm  so sorry for such a horrific loss.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

Wow.  I had no prediction of how this would go.  If anyone was going to get a death penalty tho you'd think he would.  The jury did the right thing.

Shellbelle - so sorry about your cousin.

Respected Contributor

I don't know why time was wasted on a trial.  He should have been shot on site when the police caught him.  I doubt that there would be any protests about his shooting.

Valued Contributor

That's great news! Now, if only the punishment could be carried out this week. Sorry to be so callous but just the way I feel about it.

@Shelbelle, my condolences to you and your family. Senseless and vile act beyond comprehension. I'm very sorry.  

Trusted Contributor

What a shame we still have this barbaric third world punishment.

I would never approve the state killing anyone in my name.

I guess if you are looking for vengeance, the death penalty helps. I'm sure for many involved in this horror, the killing of the perp just adds another layer of sadness to the entire ordeal. Plus many, many more years of having to see and hear from the killer.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tree of Life shooter

[ Edited ]

@Lakelife62 wrote:

I guess if you are looking for vengeance, the death penalty helps. I'm sure for many involved in this horror, the killing of the perp just adds another layer of sadness to the entire ordeal. Plus many, many more years of having to see and hear from the killer.

How would the death of the perpetrator add sadness to those involved?  If anything it would help bring closure to the families.  

Trusted Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@Lakelife62 wrote:

How would the death of the perpetrator add sadness to those involved?  If anything it would help bring closure to the families.  

For many people, including some in the Jewish religion, the killing of a person by the state is immoral. Of those killed, there may be several family members who will agnonize for years over, not only over their murdered loved one, but the execution of the perp.

Esteemed Contributor

Very well deserved sentence. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth