Honored Contributor

Treasure Hunter Found

[ Edited ]

Some of you may recall last January that I posted about a man who was seeking the $2M treasure hidden by gallery owner Forrest Fenn, and he disappeared.  They searched for him for months by helicopter and by foot.  Mr. Fenn and the man's family paid for most of it.

Well, they found his body in the Rio Grande this week so the book is closed on this story and the treasure is still out there for the taking.

This is the actual treasure.

Screenshot_2016-07-27-01-26-11-1.png

Screenshot_2016-07-26-23-01-00-1.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Was there a TV show about this? I seem to remember something on the History channel...

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting info.  I romanticized about looking for treasure.  Sorry the man lost his life.  Could it have been that he got too close or that some pirate took his life because..................Well, who knows what went on. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Was there a TV show about this? I seem to remember something on the History channel...

To my knowledge there has been no TV program about this.  There could have been on the treasure because it's been hidden for several years now.  The country one would have to search is very rugged; mountains, canyons, steep cliffs, rattlesnakes, etc.

Honored Contributor
@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Interesting info.  I romanticized about looking for treasure.  Sorry the man lost his life.  Could it have been that he got too close or that some pirate took his life because..................Well, who knows what went on. 

@Puzzle Piece  He probably either had a medical episode or an accident in his boat and fell into the river.

Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Expedition Unknown on Travel Channel did an episode on this gold, and people searching for it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Puzzle Piece  He probably either had a medical episode or an accident in his boat and fell into the river.

This. I see no reason to turn this into some kind of conspiracy story with pirates. Don't go hiking or camping on your own, treasure involved or not. If you have an accident, you should always have someone with you who can go for help. Many people die from going out on their own like this every year and almost none of them were searching for buried treasure. Aron Ralston might still have both arms today (but minus one film deal) if he'd had someone with him in that canyon.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noreen wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Expedition Unknown on Travel Channel did an episode on this gold, and people searching for it.

That's it!!! Thank you....

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:
@Puzzle Piece wrote:

This. I see no reason to turn this into some kind of conspiracy story with pirates. Don't go hiking or camping on your own, treasure involved or not. If you have an accident, you should always have someone with you who can go for help. Many people die from going out on their own like this every year and almost none of them were searching for buried treasure. Aron Ralston might still have both arms today (but minus one film deal) if he'd had someone with him in that canyon.

I can answer the way I choose.  If you had read I romaticized the idea, maybe you might have posted differently. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust