Esteemed Contributor

Tragic Accident At A Baseball Game In My City

WARNING-Very sad story

Please, if it's in your faith, could you say a prayer of comfort for the family.

I'm very sad this morning with the news of this terrible accident involving a child.

Please don't come along and berate me for posting this. I've done all I can to warn you and I'm hiding the details in this spoiler. I don't think I can take it 

Spoiler
The 9-year-old batboy for the Liberal Bee Jays died Sunday night, after being struck by a bat Saturday at the NBC World Series.(National Baseball Congress)

"I turned back and the bat boy just walked out to grab the bat and the guy on the on deck circle had no idea," said baseball fan Malachi Lingg. "He didn't see him at all and took a swing right as the bat boy went by and hit him right in the back of the head."

A statement posted on Facebook by the team said: "With the permission of the family, and with much sorrow and a very broken heart, I regretfully inform everyone that Kaiser Carlile passed away earlier this evening. Please keep his family and our team in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you all for the support during this ordeal!"

BEEJAY.jpg

Spoiler

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tragic Accident At A Baseball Game In My City

I just saw that ! The poor batter must be devastated.

How awful for that darling little boy and tragic for his family.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

I just saw that ! The poor batter must be devastated.

How awful for that darling little boy and tragic for his family.

Thanks for posting Lila. Such a cute little boy, it just makes me so sad, crying in my coffee this morning. Smiley Sad

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

It must have been a terrible thing for all of those people to witness.

Such a loss.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the news story did say some things about witnesses, but I felt like it was a bit too graphic for here, even in a spoiler.

I just pray that the family and the batter involved can find some kind of peace eventually. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't and won't open the spoiler, but if what I think has happened has actually happened, I will say that I have always felt there should be some sort of age restrictions for certain areas baseball stadium seating.  It can be quite dangerous, and you really have to pay attention.  Anyone can become distracted, but young children don't understand the danger.

Honored Contributor

I saw this earlier and I cried.  I can't imagine the pain everyone involved is feeling.  I do pray for his family, as well as, everyone else there.  So very heartbreaking.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Yes Preds, such a short life, so much potential.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC, offensive comment toward another poster

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I saw this on FB last night, what a cute, adorable litle boy! Poor little thing!!!!