Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's, Pumpkin Edition

I bought these at Kroger the other day.....was looking for them for 2 weeks.  Having one tonight.

Image result for keurig kcup pumpkin spice
Esteemed Contributor

AND.....I bought both "Peppermint Bark" Doughnut Shop Kcups and "Peppermint Mocha" (Keurig kcups) and stocked up on them.  I love anything PEPPERMINT.

HAVE MERCY, lol...............................................

Image result for keurig kcup peppermint bark
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 I have the waffles but haven't tried them yet. They looked good!

I admit that every pumpkin offering isn't something I'd buy, and not everything pumpkin I've bought has been worthy of re-purchase IMO, but there are certain things I go for. When I went last week they didn't have the pumpkin spice k-cups in yet, so I want to get some of those, and definitely the pumpkin bread pudding.

For anyone who likes pumpkin spice coffee, TJ's is delicious. I started with the ground version years ago.

And FWIW, Starbucks now has bottled cold pumpkin spice frappuccino and it's WONDERFUL!

@Moonchilde  Thanks for the tip on Starbucks frappuccino!  I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow and will look for it.  Hopefully Kroger will have it.

@Moonchilde  Kroger didn't have the pumpkin spice frappuccinos.  I was so disappointed.  I did get a venti pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks though.  It was delicious.  They had pumpkin spice latte k-cups that I started to buy.  I was afraid they might clog up my Keurig though.  I used to buy vanilla latte k-cups that would do that.  I don't particularly like Starbucks Via.  I think I'll look for the frappuccinos at Target soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack, San Francisco Bay Coffee makes an excellent Pumpkin Spice K-cup. You can get it from them directly (they do lots of mail order) or Amazon probably has it. I've never had any issues using it. 

I don''t like to bother with the 2-envelope Starbucks offerings. For me, they invariably add sugar I don't need. Try the TJ's pumpkin spice k-cups - their ground ps coffee is delicious!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@NickNack, San Francisco Bay Coffee makes an excellent Pumpkin Spice K-cup. You can get it from them directly (they do lots of mail order) or Amazon probably has it. I've never had any issues using it. 

I don''t like to bother with the 2-envelope Starbucks offerings. For me, they invariably add sugar I don't need. Try the TJ's pumpkin spice k-cups - their ground ps coffee is delicious!

Thanks @Moonchilde.  San Francisco Bay Coffee is what I drink all the time.  I'll try their Pumpkin Spice k-cups.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I haven't gotten the latest flyer, but I was in trader Joe's last week, and saw they had the pumpkin toaster waffles, so I bought them   They're so good...And your house smells so nice when you toast them.

I'll check out some of the other items next week. 

Respected Contributor

As I type there is a segment on our noon news about pumpkin spice.  It is a half billion dollar business. They mentioned some of the more ridiculous pumpkin items.  The worst was pumpkin deodorant.

Yesterday at Stop N Shop I saw Turkey Hill Pumpkin Pie ice cream.  Friendly's had plain Pumpkin. 

Not that they are rushing the season but Turkey Hill had Egg Nog.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

We went to TJs today.  I got the pumpkin vanilla candle, stocked up on Pumpkin Os, a few other things and got a bottle of their bourbon maple syrup to try with a pumpkin waffle.  

Honored Contributor

@Noel7, I need to go in the next couple of days. I was in the area on Thursday but never made it there, I was on Cannery Row watching otters at the aquarium. Too tired to stop at TJs before I drove home ;-(

I was just thinking of having some of the pumpkin waffles, which I do have.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I made a quick trip to TJ's yesterday while I had people working at my house.  I bought the Hold the Cone ginger pumpkin version and the pumpkin biscotti. Haven't tried either one yet.

I also bought the corn bread crisps and I did try those....they are delicious!  I ate too many of them while waiting for the workers to finish...

I also bought a little Day of the Dead ceramic skull with the air plant on top...very cute...I think it would be best to have several of these in a grouping....but it was an impulse buy and I got just one!