Valued Contributor
STICKY PUMPKIN CAKE. I was at Trader Joes the other night and wanted to pick up their pumpkin ice cream (which was, of course, sold out again) but I spotted this. I grabbed this to try since it said it was new for them for Fall this year. You just put it in the microwave on a plate for a minute and half. Flip it over and it pops out of the container with this unbelievable warm toffee glaze that just oozes out all over the top. . It is the most moist, pumpkiny cake. It was warm and gooey like a sticky pudding cake. They recommend putting vanilla ice cream or whip cream on it. I didn't have either but it would have made it even better. Highly recommend if anyone's interested!
Valued Contributor

200w-4.gif

Valued Contributor
Love that Gatorgirl. That was me after eating it. LOL!
Honored Contributor

One of our chain supermarkets has delicious pumpkin ice cream....just in case it's out of stock at TJ's.   Your find sounds delicious.  Just about everything is pumpkin at TJ's.  Was there today.  Lots of choices all around.......Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  TJ's is so good about looking in their computer for certain items.........I call them in the morning, and they will let me know when an item is due to arrive and be stocked.  O/P might want to call them and ask when their next delivery of pumpkin ice cream will be stocked.  Just a thought. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor
Thanks for the tip ROMARY 1. Forgot to edit my original post--the glaze is described as a caramel rum flavor, not toffee. However, if anyone is nervous about an overwhelming rum taste, it's not. I'm not a huge fan of rum. In my opinion, it definitely was more caramel tasting. It's just pure deliciousness!
Honored Contributor

LeoGirl:  Yes, anytime I have a feeling that an item might not be stocked yet, I call our nearby TJ's and they don't even have to leave their post and look for it in the store.  The manager in the booth just looks it up on his/her computer.  They are very nice, helpful employees.  

Trusted Contributor

Wow, my new apartment is in walking distance of Trader Joes!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

I think this might be similar to their Sticky Toffee Pudding cake that I got last holiday season. The packaging & instructions look very much like it.  It was all I could do not to inhale that whole cake in one sitting, it was that good!

Honored Contributor

I saw they had a pumpkin panettone- has anyone tried that? My family loves regular panettone so was thinking of getting this for them.

I love their pumpkin biscottis- so good with their pumpkin coffee.