Contributor

Bunchems....

These are called toys from he ll...if they do this to your child's hair,think of how painful it would be for your pets.

I sent this message to my dil...my granddaughter has hair past her waist and at 5,she's very tenderheaded.

Needless to say,she thanked me over and over and she is taking them back to the store.

Here's the link i found on Yahoo....please think of you children & pets.

Respected Contributor

Yep, have a friend who's grandchild found out the hard way. 

Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends granddaughter,Reba055.

I babysit my granddaughter,on Wednesdays & Fridays,and her and i have both seen this commercial,advertizing this product.

I never even thought about buying it for her or her brother,but i wondered if her mommy might buy it.

I'm just happy i saw the warning on my frontpage and sent it to her.

Honored Contributor

I don't get how they are getting in so many kid's hair especially with the warnings on the package.  

Valued Contributor

What a nightmare!!!

Thanks for posting this, MoonDance.  I'll notify my neice who has 2 toddlers.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I don't get how they are getting in so many kid's hair especially with the warnings on the package.  

The only warning label I could see was the choking hazard.

Honored Contributor

Re: Toy warning

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

I don't even see how they are even getting in the hair, and so many? Like it's done on purpose. I never threw toys near my face and hair when i was young (or at others). I could see one accidently getting in the hair. I don't get it.

Esteemed Contributor

Never heard of this toy until now but I just read about it. They are used to build 3D things, so I dont get why they put them in their hair to begin with? Sounds like parents not supervising their kids and or not reading the labels. Sure accidents happen but so many is questionable.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I hadn't heard of Bunchems either.  Here's a commercial from the manufacturer's website showing how they're supposed to be used.  Hard to believe they were a finalist for 2016 Toy of the Year (and it's not even 2016 yet!).  Most toys lately are pretty lame.

Bunchems Commercial

Respected Contributor

The new gum.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield