Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@shoekitty I have a question.  Why would she have been lucky to see $500,000 out of an $800,000 inheritance.  Are you saying CA residents have ot pay tax on an inheritance or do you think the rest went to legal fees because she was in a legal battle to get that money?

Here in Ohio, we don't pay taxes on inheritances for the most part.  Of course if you are the beneficiary of an annuity or IRA there are tax consequences.      

@Lipstickdiva, I'm sure one of the legal eagles here can help with this. When my dad died a couple of years ago, there were no tax implications for estates valued at $5M or less. Her daddy's was much larger than that, no doubt.

@MaggieMack, I think what you are talking about are estate taxes.  I'm talking about someone's individual inheritance being taxed on their personal income tax return.  Would she have had to claim that $800,000 on her taxes?  In Ohio we do not.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, I don't know, just tossing out ideas. Figuring out what to do with that much money has never been a problem of mine. Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, I don't know, just tossing out ideas. Figuring out what to do with that much money has never been a problem of mine. Woman LOL

Me neither and I don't see it ever being a problem.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Tori Spelling in debt

[ Edited ]

Here is my take:

Dean to ME...is a good actor. I have seen several things he has acted in and thought...you know he is good.

Tori...is an OK actress.

Now finances:

Candy did say she is paying for the roof over their heads, the childrens private schooling and other items.

So now all Tori and Dean have to do is take jobs and pay off their credit card debts and taxes. I have read she owes over 200,000 in credit  cards.

My question(?)...When do you purchase something... knowing you have those mounting debts...and not tell yourself..." I have racks and racks of clothes thru out my house and in storage warehouses"... as Tori does and not say... "wear what you have or start selling?"  Remember she could not sell any items she had in storage because she had some weird attachment to every single item?

I at one time thought Candy was extremely selfish in not sharing more of the inheritance. Now I think I see the problem...Tori would have spent it all and came back with an open hand.

If I inherited 800,000 I would have put it in savings and then lived on what I could earn. I thought Tori's jewelry was really nice on HSN but noticed she did not have a lot of stock...so maybe she had issues with fulfilling sales due to not picking the right manufacturer?

Now they are in quite a pickle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Dean and Tori's combined net worth is 1.5 million.

@missy1  And you know this how?

@shoekiitty     90210

There's a site with celebrity net worth.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/tori-spelling-net-worth/

I don't think this site is all that reliable. 

It's just an estimate.  Tori and Dean do not have a lot of money, compared to Hollywood standards.

Honored Contributor

I don't think they have a lot of money because they spend a lot of money.

I don't know how much they were getting from their awful reality shows and her magazine covers.  I think at one point they were renting houses for a ton of money every month. 

Any chance he had of getting hired for a legitimate acting role is probably gone because of airing all their dirty laundry in public for the last few years. 

I think it's incredibly tacky of Tori to complain she's broke when her mother helps her out. 

Honored Contributor

There also HAS to be a reason that her Dad only left Tori $800,000 in his will.

He could have left her as much as he wanted, and he obviously did, for reasons we'll never know.

If her father chose to only leave her that much, I don't know why Candy should be expected to obviously go against his wishes and have given her more of the estate than he designated to go to Tori.

IMO, Tori and Dean both are a couple of losers and whiners and Karma got them in the end.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tori Spelling in debt

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I don't know why Candy should be expected to obviously go against his wishes and have given her more of the estate than he designated to go to Tori.

I assume because it's her money now to do with as she pleases  and those are her wishes.  

Perhaps she and Aaron just had different ideas about raising / dealing with their children.  At any rate, it's Candy's money to do with as she pleases.  IMO she is enabling Tori and Dean to continue to be irresponsible with money.  However, there arethe grandchilrden so perhaps she's doing it for them - and who knows? Maybe Aaron would approve of that.  There weren't any grandchildren when he left his money.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I don't know why Candy should be expected to obviously go against his wishes and have given her more of the estate than he designated to go to Tori.

I assume because it's her money now to do with as she pleases  and those are her wishes.  

Perhaps she and Aaron just had different ideas about raising / dealing with their children.  At any rate, it's Candy's money to do with as she pleases.  IMO she is enabling Tori and Dean to continue to be irresponsible with money.  However, there arethe grandchilrden so perhaps she's doing it for them - and who knows? Maybe Aaron would approve of that.  There weren't any grandchildren when he left his money.

@Pearley

My comment you quoted was referring to posters who felt that Candy should've given Tori more of the estate than what was left to her in her Father's will, since it was such a huge amount of $$$$$.

I agree with you that the support she gives Tori now is probably done for the benefit of her grandchildren and I applaud her for that.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I live in the area about to get slammed tommorow and had TV on in background.  TMZ was on earlier and they showed Candy Spelling coming out of some restaurant and asked if she'd like to respond to the fact that Tori and Dean's situation.  She said she is helping them by funding their necessitities - she is paying for their children's education and making sure there is food in the home.  They asked her about her credit card debt and she said she's chosen not to pay for that - necessities yes, any extravagance no.