Honored Contributor

I heard the below on the news and I couldn't believe it. I just googled and enjoy....

“It’s very sad to me that someone would do something like this,” Kraft said. “It’s like taking a great Chagall or Picasso or something. You can never display it. And somehow, I feel there’ll be some news that’ll clear this up in the not-too-distant future.”

Yes - I agree that it was wrong to steal it. Yes Tom is entitled to get back his jersey. But to compared it to a great piece of art?

If only Michaelangelo can throw a football. He wouldn't have to lay on his back painting a celing.

Honored Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

absolutely amazes me with the amount of time and tax payer money was put into this incident is outrageous. We have programs in this country that are vital to many that will not be funded at the same level...but we trek out of the country with tons of tax dollars to track down a missing Jersey of a player that was involved in a scandel involving the inflation or deflation of a football..which could of led to his success. Personally I could care less about him or his jersey...I do care that resources that should be better utilized...were used in this case..like the FBI. seriously putting the FBI on the case of the missing Jersey..Sounds like something Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys did.

Oh boy...

Let-start-Blair-perfected-trademark-her-eye-roll (2).gif

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@CouponQueen wrote:

absolutely amazes me with the amount of time and tax payer money was put into this incident is outrageous. We have programs in this country that are vital to many that will not be funded at the same level...but we trek out of the country with tons of tax dollars to track down a missing Jersey of a player that was involved in a scandel involving the inflation or deflation of a football..which could of led to his success. Personally I could care less about him or his jersey...I do care that resources that should be better utilized...were used in this case..like the FBI. seriously putting the FBI on the case of the missing Jersey..Sounds like something Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys did.

@CouponQueen- no resources out of the norm were dedicated to the theft.  A valuable piece of property was stolen; that is a crime.  It was traced out of Country, thus the FBI is involved.  If someone took a piece of your valued jewelry and it was traced to Mexico, you would get the same response.  Dir Comey wasn't  involved (lol), there is a special unit.  Brady was not guilty of any "crime" and nothing was ever proven....people just hate Brady because he is just that d*amn good, a devoted dad and son plus was never in any trouble; I guess the wife batterers and rapists in the NFL are just fine with people....his performance in this year's game was never accomplished and he is one of the best  to ever play the game.  This Jersey has significance to a collector and is deemed by experts to be the most valuable collectable today.  Plus, it was significant to Brady himself who dedicated the Super Bowl to his mom, who is fighting cancer.  Brady does give a lot to charity, especially kids and maybe he wanted to give the jersey to his mom...but it is his to give...they didn't "put anyone on the case". That's how the FBI works...

Well said @Stray... I'd only add that government resources are routinely spent on far more stupid things...

As for deflate-gate, at least in part, what you had was arguably the weakest NFL Commissioner in history trying to score points against accusations of leniency with true offenders... Had Brady not been facing serious family issues, by most accounts, it would still be in the courts... Either way, if players abusing animals, children and women 'deserve a second chance' then to continue harping on a minor violation that hasn't been proven and didn't impact the outcome of anything is just mean-spirited for the sake of being mean-spirited...

And yes, whatever he chooses to do with his jersey, I'm glad he got it back...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Well said @stevieb and @stray

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, I've been worried sick about this jersey. 

Yes.... I have not been able to sleep or eat since it came up missing....  Lost 30 pounds....... it  has been just awful!!!!

Just be glad you've found such an easy way to lose weight!  30 pounds???  In such a short time?  WOW!  You should write a book.

Respected Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@CouponQueen wrote:

@CouponQueen- no resources out of the norm were dedicated to the theft.  A valuable piece of property was stolen; that is a crime.  It was traced out of Country, thus the FBI is involved.  If someone took a piece of your valued jewelry and it was traced to Mexico, you would get the same response.  Dir Comey wasn't  involved (lol), there is a special unit.  Brady was not guilty of any "crime" and nothing was ever proven....people just hate Brady because he is just that d*amn good, a devoted dad and son plus was never in any trouble; I guess the wife batterers and rapists in the NFL are just fine with people....his performance in this year's game was never accomplished and he is one of the best  to ever play the game.  This Jersey has significance to a collector and is deemed by experts to be the most valuable collectable today.  Plus, it was significant to Brady himself who dedicated the Super Bowl to his mom, who is fighting cancer.  Brady does give a lot to charity, especially kids and maybe he wanted to give the jersey to his mom...but it is his to give...they didn't "put anyone on the case". That's how the FBI works...

I have a feeling if someone stole a piece of my jewelry and it went out of the country, no one else would care but me.  Is it true that the FBI would get involved?  It seems implausible.  But I've been wrong in my life...

Esteemed Contributor

If this is the second jersey he has lost, perhaps he should consider keeping it on and showering after the crowd in the locker room is gone.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@CouponQueen wrote:

I have a feeling if someone stole a piece of my jewelry and it went out of the country, no one else would care but me.  Is it true that the FBI would get involved?  It seems implausible.  But I've been wrong in my life...

@Kalli- if you report it and it's valuable and it goes to another Country, they will 

Esteemed Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

@CouponQueen wrote:

Clearly the value of the item makes it a felony and worth pursuing-so it is a big deal in that regard

Amazes me how many people that don't care about it come to post about it

If I cared that  little about a topic  I generally just skip the thread or maybe read it and move on but I guess the "funding" issue and dislike for Tom Brady had to be wrangled in there

@JobGirl- you hit the nail on the head

Respected Contributor

Re: Tom has his Jersey Back

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@CouponQueen wrote:

@Kalli- if you report it and it's valuable and it goes to another Country, they will 

@Stray that's interesting.  We had a tenant steal furniture valued at over $2000 from us when he moved out.  Reported it to state police.  Did a little online research of social sites and found the guy moved to a neighboring state.  Told the state police the town he'd moved to.  NOTHING ever happened.