Respected Contributor

According to a report citing Star magazine, Tom Cruise may be considering leaving the Church of Scientology, of which he has been the most visible devotee for many years. The actor’s alleged crisis of faith comes, apparently, after a phone call with his daughter Suri.

Super Contributor

Very interesting ... can't wait to hear more details ....

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor
I wouldn't put it past him to say that just so he could get his hands on Suri.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry but I don't trust him. I would like to think of him as a very sincere person, however, he let his wife and Suri walk out of his life because of his devotion to his "faith" or rather, to his position and devotion to the Church of Scientology, of hich he is one of the higest contributors and promotors.

If he so willingly allowed the divorce and separation to come bertween that, I can't imagine anything else promoting  a reunion of him and Suri. Only if the church were to completely go under might he be willing to save his own neck. but we know that will never happen, at least in the next couple of decades or so. There are way too many celebrities that support that place.

Besides, no offense, but I don't know that The Star is always completely honest in what they report.

Respected Contributor

I like to think that Tom loves his wife and child....and he is willing to change his life to have them back in his life.  I also like to think that he has a good heart and is trying.

Esteemed Contributor

Star magazine? LOL

Respected Contributor
If you have ever seen the Scientology Babble that he spouts you would know that he is completely brainwashed, completely. He cannot be trusted and I bet Katie Holmes knows that too.
Respected Contributor
No idea if anything in Star mag is remotely true, but after seeing the HBO doc on Scientology, I wouldn't trust anything he does to get his kid back. Brainwashers, manipulative, shady. I'm sorry, but that doc was majorly eye-opening.
Valued Contributor

Cruise, on a practical level, rather is the Church of Scientology.

I mean, he's, like the 2nd top "officer", probably its largest financial contributor and highest profile member. Without him, Scientology would be left with a cruise ship/penal colony of a boat on the sea, John Travola and his "co-pilots" flying planes to nowhere, a million unmarketable study tapes (Levels I-LXXX) in their warehouse and a fleet of attorneys on retainer with not much to $tick around for anymore.

They'd have nothing left other than to threaten to start selling portions of auditing tapes to the tabloids - which I think is the real reason they made them in the first place anyway.

(I never read The Star magazine. Do people actually read that for more than 10 seconds while standing in line at the supermarket??). Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I have read Katie returned to her catholic faith, and is bringing Suri up a catholic